Fashionable Clothing and More out of Recycled Materials - A Trendsetter for 2012
The Advantages of Throw Aways in Fashion
Every end of the year is one of the most interesting adventure for fashionistas. Fashion and women of style, usually go hand and hand and both local and internationally acclaimed designers will always leave mark at the ramp in order to showcase their collections, from women and men's clothing, apparel, jewelries and bling-blings, perfumes, bags, accessories and a lot more.
This hubber is also a keen observer of fashion, fearless forecast on what to wear, the color trend and what to discard and what to include in my wardrobe if my budget allows.
Because of this, a former graphic artist (name withheld) in a women's fashion magazine gave me a hint regarding her advocacy next year, that will be 2012. It's all about FASHION, especially clothing local models.
- She's on her way to completing her recycled clothing designs out of plastics (including junk food throwaway covers) and scrap materials.
- She's actively involved in zero-waste management. She's not ashamed to be seen collecting those garbages, mainly plastics, but are considered the main materials for her designs.
- She'll involve her local Alma Mater, her elementary school teachers in order to partake on her exhibit and show early next year.
- She gave me an approval to holler the initial development of her "RECYCLED FASHION" project on the local runway.
She didn't allow me to photograph her creations as her former magazine company will compete with this hubber in order to have the scoop for her very interesting project.
(Date: December 16, 2011)
Accessories: Necklace out of glossy magazine papers and woodbits
The Hunt for Recycled Clothing and Vintage Materials
Have you seen the mushrooming of thrift stores, vintage clothing or secondhand clothes known as UKAY-UKAY here in the Philippines? I'm sure, you are also curious and one of the many window shoppers who'll take a minute and so in visiting such displays of used clothings, bags, electronic gadgets and more and be tempted to buy some if you have the money to spend.
Tips from here and there are also getting over the top here on HubPages. So, I might as well try sharing what I've learned from the local designer I befriended in order to be authentic in the "Recycled/ Vintage Fashion Campaign for 2012".
- TEXTILES -recycled, refashioned or rehashed fabrics are included in her collection.
- RECYCLED FASHION BRANDS - authentic fabrics are use in some of her clothing designs.
- ACCESSORIES - made out of paper, magazine pages and more...have you wear your necklaces already?
- ECO-FRIENDLY REUSABLE BAGS - promotes thriftiness and recpest to our environment. You don't have to buy and use more high-prized brand if you can make an equally fashionable but recycled bags.
- CREATIVE GIFTS - adds more in her being the prime mover of recycled fashionista in town.
This formidable lady will have a glimpse of this hub before others can get through with her creation.
2011 OSU Recycled Fashion Show c/o KBVR26
The 'Recycled Fashion Catwalk' of this former graphic artist-turned-designer will be similar to this, the 2011 Oregon State University (OSU) Fashion Show.
She'll also be utilizing local models from the high school department of Don Galo next year (2012) as she campaigns for Zero-Waste Don Galo, utilizing recyclable garbage that ranges from old magazines, plastic bottles and wrappers, among others.
She allowed me to take a peek at her Christmas accessories/adornments that she'll be exhibiting soon in public (The photos will be featured here later.).
Update: She allowed me to link her photos from her Facebook account and you can also enjoy and appreciate her products as you watch the video that I made via my YouTube account: MrMusicman1971.
Some of Jona's CraftClick thumbnail to view full-size
Jona's Craft c/o MrMusicman1971
More about Fashion and Recycled Clothing
- Amazing fashion
HI i am Ahmad youssef 1. Black broadclothe with soutache braid embroidery is considered decidedly smart. ------------- 2. In a pleated skirt a plain front and back panel is often combined with a plain,...
- 5 Reasons to Shop for Clothes at Thrift Stores
If you have never shopped for clothes at a thrift store, I can offer you 5 good reasons to start. They can be found in nearly every neighborhood and, as the name suggests, are a wondrously thrifty way to shop for things like kitchen appliances, jewel
- Sexy 80's fashion on its way back!
Fashion from the 1980s has made its inevitable return to our closets. Fluorescent, big belts, big earrings, big hair, denim jackets, peace signs, leg warmers, ruffles, color coordination and crazy patterns are some of the fun new fashion must-haves!
- How To Make Great Recycled Skirts
Learn some cool ways to recycle old clothes into a brand-new skirt that you sew yourself! Turn a pair of old jeans into a skirt, or sew one from men's neckties.
- Beautiful Vintage Inspired Designer Fashion Accessor...
Beautiful vintage inspired designer fashion accessories are clothing adornments that 'crowns' a lady's apparel with a glamorous touch.