The Latest Short Hairstyles For Women
Choosing your new hairstyle
- There are so many fashionable hairstyles around these days it can be quite overwhelming trying to choose a new look. Firstly think how short do you want to go.
- Take into consideration your face shape. Women with small petite features can look good with extremely short hair if they have the confidence to go with it.
- Most of us feel happier with a medium short cut meaning a bit more hair around the sides of our faces we can tuck behind our ears for a different look.
- Then you have to decide do you want a full fringe for a dramatic look or a side-swept fringe for a softer look. Maybe you don't want a fringe/bangs at all as you have a lovely forehead to show off.
- Next you have to look at your hair-type. No point choosing a beautiful sleek style if you have unruly wavy or curly hair. You will end up being disappointed with the results.
- Unfortunately, hairdressers can't achieve miracles although they do try very hard to give you what you want.
- You need to decide how much time you want to spend on your new hairstyle in the mornings.
- You may want to get up give it a brush and go so don't choose a fussy style keep it simple. Of course, if you have lots of time then a more complicated style may be the one for you.
Short Pixie HairstylesClick thumbnail to view full-size
- Don't forget that short hairstyles need more trimming to keep their style at least every 6 weeks possibly less depending on the cut.
- You need to factor in the time and cost for your frequent trips to the hairdresser. On the plus side having your hair cut on a regular basis will mean your hair is in excellent condition.
- If you have very long hair it's probably best to go short gradually so you don't get too much of a shock. A short bob is probably the best way to start it's easier to grow if you decide short hair isn't for you.
Do You Like Your Hair?
The hairstyles to the right show how you can vary your short haircut. You can have a full fringe or grow it a bit longer and have a side-swept fringe.
These hairstyles are just long enough so you can tuck your hair behind your ears for a different look.
These hairstyles are best suited to naturally straight hair but can be adapted to wavy hair for a more messy look. Of course with hair straighteners, even wavy hair can become straight.
The two hairstyles on the right are very short and suited to ladies with petite features. These styles are suited to all hair types.
Fine and straight or thick and wavy. They can be worn with a long fringe or a blunt cut fringe.
A very good hairstyle if you want something simple and don't want to spend a lot of time on your hair.
How To Make Your Short Hair Sleek
The hairstyles to the right show hair that is cut shorter at the back with longer hair at the front.
If you fancy a change you can have your hair swept back from your face.
Good for most hair types with possibly a bit of help from hair straighteners if you want the sleek fringe look.
What kind Of Hair Do You Have?
The hairstyle on the right is ideal for those of you with naturally wavy hair. It's cut in a bob and left to dry naturally. It can be worn with or without a fringe.
The hairstyles on the right are simple cut bobs. They can be cut with or without a fringe.
Really good for naturally straight hair but those of you with wavy hair can achieve this look too with straighteners.
This is an ideal cut if you are going short for the first time and are a bit unsure.
More Short HairstylesClick thumbnail to view full-size
Would You Consider Having Short Hair?
© 2012 Ann-Christin