Plus Size Work Out Pants
Plus-Sized Workout Clothes Are Hard To Find!
As a plus-sized woman, I know from experience that finding cute plus-sized workout clothes is hard to do. And that's a problem, ladies! It takes courage to get up and go to the gym at a bigger size: looking your best is definitely a priority!
If you are having problems finding good, attractive plus sized workout clothes in your hometown, you are not alone. Retailers have been remiss in neglecting this important market and online sellers have stepped in to fill the gap. Buying online can be a positive experience well-fitting pants will help to motivate you to work out even more!
Yoga Pants Plus Size
I think the yoga pant is one of the best choices to wear for working out as a plus size woman. This type of pant fit comfortably and is snug in all the right places, enhancing a woman's curves. The pants feature a boot cut leg that flatters by tapering out from a snug upper leg, like a bell. The yoga pant usually has lycra that holds its shape and tucks your tummy in. The shape of yoga pant is flattering for most shapes: enhancing the butt while tucking in the tummy.
Yoga pants have been given the name of "yoga pants" but they can be used any aerobic exercise or calesethics, except perhaps for running or walking in colder weather, because the pants sit so close to the skin. Don't let the "yoga" name throw you off: they are just a style of pants.
These pants feature a bold stripe in eleven different colour combinations. The sizes go up to an XXL.
These pants are not specifically for plus size women, but they are available in sizes up to XXL. The pants feature an attractive brightly coloured panel, comfortable fit and drawstring waist.
Other Work Out Pants
Boot Cut Pants
You might also look for boot cut pants that feature either the Supplex material or Lycra panels. Try to get pants that fit well around the tush and stomach and are well-constructed. Don't get anything that adds too much extra bulk because who needs that? A bold stripe either across the abdomen or down the leg looks smart and trendy. Also, look for a wide waist band with good construction so your pants don't fall down.
Light cotton pants are also very comfortable and will move well with you as you work out. Fit is key and make you sure you like how your body looks before you purchase. A mistake women sometimes make is thinking they don't have to look good to work out, but that is part of what will keep you motivated!
Capri pants are another alternative for working out, especially if you find that the long pants get too hot. These pants will keep you cooler and be great for providing movement. Look for a good material such as cotton, lycra or Supplex and a good fit. Capris can tend to look messy if you're not careful, so don't compromise on fit.
What Is Supplex?
For exceptional fit, look for the Supplex material in the pants. This newly developed material is a type of nylon but it feels like cotton. It is especially manufactured to breath and allow body moisture to escape. The material does not shrink and it holds its shape through many workout sessions. See this page for more about Supplex.
AdoraOm was founded by three women -- who really understand what women like in active wear. The AdoraOm Company website tells the story of how one of the founders, Stacy, noticed in her exercise class that there were very few bigger girls. "Hmm," she wondered, "maybe it's because they don't have anything to wear!" Bingo, Stacy, you got it! Two other friends joined her and the company was born.
These products are also sold through Amazon.com, and I have included a link right in this article. Their site includes a thorough fitting guide, a personal consultation with a AdoraOm representative and videos to help with the fit.
Places To Buy Online
- Amazon. There are some good selections available at Amazon. See grey-coloured boxes spread throughout the article for what I consider to be the best, most stylish looking choices presently available from Amazon.
- Femaleforlife. This firm is based on Australia but for $15, they will ship to the USA, Canada, and other international destination. Their products are good quality and their website features a unique body-shape technology that allows you to see how a garment will fit, based on your body shape. The prices are high but I think worth it, if you can afford them.
- As We Change is marketed especially at menopausal women but the clothes look like they work for anyone in a bigger size. Garments feature panels to tuck in stomach and tummy. Prices are a bit high but they seem to have good quality items.
- Moving Comfort is a site aimed exclusively at activewear. They feature sizes from a small up to a 2X, so the bigger sizes are not included. Free shipping over $50 and quality materials.
More On Working Out / Being Healthy
- How To Lose Weight: A-Z
I am on a journey to lose 100 pounds. I have lost 30 pounds already. These are my A-Z of weight loss. I think you will find it encouraging!
- Working Out With the Daily Mile
An overview of the Daily Mile, an excellent site for tracking workouts.
- Losing Weight With SparkPeople
A review on the SparkPeople website: a free resource for losing weight.
- The Best Blueberry Smoothie For Weight Loss
A recipe for very delicious and healthy smoothie.
- 100togo Store
A selection of products for getting healthier from Amazon.
More Plus Sized Fashion
- How to Choose Plus Size Dresses That Flatter
Choosing plus size dresses that flatter and look great is easy with these guidelines and suggestions. Look to the past for inspiration and today's latest styles for ideas.
- Stylish Plus Size Tops From Amazon
It's important to feel beautiful, no matter what your size. The most stylish beautiful plus size tops on Amazon right now.
- How to Accessorize Plus Size Clothing
Use fabulous accessories to jazz up your plus size look. Here are some tips to help you out.