Chrysoberyl Cat's Eye Gem Therapy
Maharani Cat's Eye
The Chrysoberyl Cat’s Eye is a popular gemstone used in gem therapy and is highly regarded in Indian astrology.
The cat’s eye is the gem of the planet Ketu and is called lehsunia or vaidurya in Hindi.
Ketu is the southern nodal point on the moon and is one of the nine planets in the Hindu lunar zodiac.
The planets in the lunar zodiac are the Sun, Moon, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Venus, Mercury, Rahu and Ketu. Rahu like Ketu is also a nodal point on the Moon.
These nine planets are referred to as Navagrahas in Indian astrology. The positions of these planets in any of the 12 houses in astrology play a significant role in determining a person’s fate.
Astrology and Horoscope
In astrology a person's horoscope is divided into 12 houses and each house represents different aspects of one's life e.g.
The 6th, 8th and 12th houses are considered as houses that cause turmoil to a person's life.
Do You Believe the Cat's Eye Gemstone When Worn Has The Power To Give Protection From Calamities and Ward of Evil?
The 12 Houses in Astrology
- First House: (House of Aries and Mars) – symbolizes our identity such as our physical characteristics, behavior and personality.
- Second House: (House of Taurus and Venus) – represents wealth in our life such as our assets, savings and earnings.
- Third House: (House of Gemini and Mercury) – This house is linked to how we communicate with others especially our brothers and sisters, our education and learning styles including using transportation for short travels and commuting.
- Fourth House: (House of Cancer and the Moon) – Has to do with one’s birth, growing up years until death. This house is associated with the mother.
- Fifth House: (House of Leo and the Sun) – Linked to romance, relationships, entertainment, leisure, gambling and dealing in the stock market. This house also determines whether one will have children or not.
- Sixth House: (House of Virgo and Mercury or Chiron) – This house is associated with health and disease.
- Seventh House: (House of Libra and Venus) – The house of marriage.
- Eighth House: (House of Scorpio and Pluto) – This house is linked to accidents and death.
- Ninth House: (House of Sagittarius and Jupiter) – The house is connected to the fate and fortune which befalls a person during long distance travel by air and sea. It is also linked to religion, the father and meditation.
- Tenth House: (House of Capricorn and Saturn) – The house is linked to careers and employment.
- Eleventh House: (House of Aquarius and Uranus) – The house is linked to gaining friends, income and fortune.
- Twelfth House: (House of Pisces and Neptune) – The house of misery, misfortune, expenses.
Benefic and Malefic Planets in Astrology
According to a person’s birth chart/horoscope there are two groups of planets which can enter a house and effect it.
These planets are known as benefic planets and malefic planets.
Malefic planets are planets which bring forth disaster and calamity. When malefic planets enter the 6th, 8th or 12th house it increases illnesses, bad luck, money problems and misfortune on a person’s life. The malefic planets are the Sun, Mars, Saturn, Rahu, and Ketu.
By wearing a gemstone linked to a malefic planet a person can protect himself from the calamities mentioned above when the planet enters one of the houses.
Power of the Cat's Eye gemstone
The cat’s eye gemstone is worn as protection when a person finds his birth chart shows the planet Ketu has entered a house and is causing disharmony and calamities in his life.
The Cat’s eye gemstone is believed to have the power to treat certain diseases and be effective in ushering in wealth and prosperity, helps with education and job promotions, protects a person from enemies, accidents, evil spirits, etc.
People who are involved in gambling or deal in the stock market wear the stone to increase their chances of winning and earning big.
How to wear the Cat's Eye gemstone
Some astrologers advise the cat’s eye to not be set in full gold but in metal made of equal amounts of silver, gold, iron, copper and zinc. Others suggest it be worn in gold or silver.
If the stone is set in a ring people are advised to wear it on the middle or the little finger of the right hand. The ring is usually worn ‘two hours after sunset or in the evening’ to be effective.
Ketu Ashtottara Shatanamavali Mantra
A famous mantra which is chanted to protect oneself from the ill effects of the planet Ketu is the ‘108 names of Ketu (Ketu Ashtottara Shatanamavali).’ This mantra is chanted on a Thursday at midnight after wearing the cat's eye gemstone.
Some astrologers advise people to find a poor man and gift him one of the the following on a Thursday to safeguard themselves from harm caused by the planet Ketu:
- A cat’s eye gem
- A brown cow having white spots
- Colored blankets
*Always check with an astrologer to determine the best way to wear a cat’s eye gemstone. This hub is only an introduction to some of the reasons why the cat’s eye gemstone is used in gem therapy and astrology.
© 2012 Suranee Perera