Get Naturally Beautiful Skin
You might have heard people comment on someone who is drop-dead gorgeous that she's a "natural beauty." Aphrodite-like beauty is not the criteria here. Perfect features are not mandatory either. The essence of natural beauty is that it is a look that is effortless and uncontrived. The blessed individual who has mastered naturally beautiful skin, is fresh-faced and positively glowing. She exudes an aura that you can tell comes from within. She may wear makeup, but it is minimal. In fact, you may wonder if she actually does.
And, guess what? Through the years, she will probably remain looking just so. Time will be kind to her because she is kind to herself. If you think that she must have spent tons of money on spas and other beautifying treatments, think again. Some of the most beautifying things you can do for yourself are free!
So just what are these beauty secrets akin to the Fountain of Youth? Here are a few beauty strategies you can do in the comfort of your own home, during your own personal time.
- Get lots of rest. At least the requisite 8 hours of sleep.
- Drink plenty of water. We've all heard it before: 8 glasses worth of H2O minimum.
- Eat a healthy diet.
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol, and smoking.
- Protect yourself from the sun. Make sure whatever you use protects you from both UVA and UVB.
- Observe good personal hygiene. Don't forget to brush your teeth and wash off your makeup before bed.
- Use natural and organic products as much as possible.
- Don't forget to smile. It triggers all these good biochemicals inside your body.
You may be disappointed, but there is no great ancient Chinese ingredient or magical serum to obtaining your beautiful self. We have heard all of this before. We all know about it. So what's lacking? Application. Do it and you may be in awe of your visage and overall physique 10 years from now. It only requires a little extra effort.
Try certain practices that ease the mind as well as strengthen it. There is meditation, yoga, or Tai Chi. Do not underestimate the power of the mind over body. I'm a firm believer that those who worry too much tend to look way beyond their years. Meanwhile those who are at peace with themselves and the rest of the world are most likely to look serene and ageless.