- Fashion and Beauty»
Golden South Sea Pearl Earrings: 5 Sets You Will Love
Here are 5 sets of golden South Sea pearl earrings you will love, whether you seek them for yourself or for someone truly special in your life. All of these sets include diamonds. There are lever-back and post styles, dangles and delicate stud earrings. Some are 14k and some are 18k gold -- something for everyone.
One of the most beautiful pairs of earrings you will ever own are golden South Sea pearl earrings. Golden South Sea pearls are rare and highly valued for their natural golden color and their large size (about 9 mm minimum).
Favored among high-end jewelry lovers and niche pearl enthusiasts, it is rare to meet another woman wearing golden South Sea pearl jewelry. If you want unique jewelry that makes others green with envy, then these will fit the bill! This gemstone is often sought after by members of royalty and are sometimes worn by celebrities on the red carpet.
Where do Golden South Sea pearls come from?
South Sea pearls are found in a large-breed oyster called Pinctada Maxima. These oysters live in the waters between Australia and China and are rarely found anywhere else.
The golden variety is especially rare and, along with the chances of finding the perfect shaped and sized pearl, is the primary reason they are high-end jewels.
Countries cultivating these pearls include Myanmar, Malaysia, Papua New Guinea, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, and China.
These golden South Sea pearl earrings would look great while you are entertaining in your home. Imagine them paired with a white white blouse, long black skirt, and black heels.
- 18k gold
- 11 mm pearls, AAA quality with superior luster
- .47 carats diamonds (almost half a carat) in 26 total diamonds
These earrings are very vintage. Think Tsarina Alexandra circa 1912 in her palace. Pair these earrings with a floor-length lace and taffeta gown.
- 18k gold
- AAA quality 10 to 11 mm golden South Sea pearls
- .68 carats total diamond weight (2/3 carat). Diamond color E and clarity VVS.
If you want an everyday pair of golden South Sea pearl earrings, these are it. You will never want to take them out of your ears.
- 14k gold
- 9 to 10 mm AAA quality golden South Sea pearls
- .15 carat diamond weight. Diamond color G and clarity VS1.
This pair is golden South Sea pearl post-backed dangle earrings are just smothered with diamonds. These are an ideal pair to wear for a formal wedding or to receive as an elaborate Valentine's Day gift. Think back to the kind of jewelry the first-class passengers wore on the Titanic.
- 18k gold
- 9 mm, high luster pearls
- G-H, VS2-SI1 .40 ct. TDW
This is the cheapest pair to buy if you are on a budget but still can't live without some South Sea pearl jewelry. These earrings can go from the office at day to a night out because while they do have diamonds, they are lightly adorned.
- 14k gold
- 10 to 11 mm pearl size, high luster
- .10 ct. TDW.
How to Gift Pearls
- The pearl is the traditional 30th wedding anniversary gift. Golden South Sea jewelry is especially noteworthy for this celebration.
- The pearl is the traditional June birthstone. You need not stick to white pearls for someone's birthday.
- The pearl traditionally symbolizes preciousness, rarity, and wholesomeness. There are families who give their female children pearls at birth to wear when they turn 16 or 18. Sometimes the jewelry has been passed down, and sometimes the jewelry is new.
How to Wear Golden South Sea Pearls
- These pearls look ideal on olive skin and warm pale to warm brown skin tones.
- Golden South Sea pearls especially compliment golden blonde hair, red hair, and warm shades of brown hair.
- Earrings can be worn alone as statement pieces, or dressed up with matching rings and necklaces for formal settings.
- Golden South Sea pearls are ideal bridal jewelry at weddings where the secondary color/ bridesmaid color will be beige, yellow, or gold.
© 2013 Life and Luxury