Hair Tips For All Kinds of Hair
HOME MADE HAIR RINSES
Hair rinses are very important as it corrects the hair’s pH level and removes residue from shampoo and other hair products like gels, hair spray, etc.
Vinegar can remove residue from hair and close the cuticles. It has the power to restore the natural pH level and can prevent your scalp from itching. You may use ordinary white vinegar but I suggest that you use apple cider vinegar. I know that a lot of people find the smell of vinegar to be a bit trying but believe me it is worth it.
Below are some of the home rinses that you can make and use:
Rinse to soften your hair:
Mix 1-2 tb sp of apple cider vinegar with 3 cups distilled water.
Direction: pour the mixture over your hair as the final rinse. This will leave your hair softer and it can be used on all hair types.
Rinse to make your hair shiny:
Mix 2 tb sp of lemon juice, 2 tb sp of apple cider vinegar and 1 cup of water.
Direction: After shampooing your hair and rinsing it with normal water, pour the mixture over your hair and massage into the scalp. Rinse with water (preferably not hot water) and you will see a marked improvement in the luster of your hair!
Home-made Hair Conditioners
Curd and egg conditioner:
Mix one whole egg with 4 tablespoon of bitter curd and apply to your hair. There is no need to massage it on to your scalp. Just apply it to the hair. Keep it for 20-30 minutes and rinse with normal water. It will make your hair soft and less frizzy.
Castor Oil & Egg Yolk
Mix an egg yolk with 2 teaspoons of castor oil and massage into your hair. Rinse and wash your hair as usual after keeping it on for 15 minutes.
Apply 1/2 a cup of mayonnaise to damp hair. Work into hair and cover with a shower cap or towel for up to 20 minutes. Rinse thoroughly and then shampoo as usual.
Milk is a very good conditioner for hair. Take some cold milk and apply with using a spray bottle, comb your hair gently, wait for 30 mins, wash your hair with shampoo, do not use conditioner after shampoo as Milk is a natural conditioner which will leaves your hair feeling silky and soft.
Natural Homemade Hair Conditioner for soft and fluffy hair
Hot oil treatment for dry hair:
Take 3 tb sp of castor oil and massage on your scalp and hair. Dip a towel into hot water and wring and cover your hair with the hot towel. Leave it for 10 minutes or till the towel stays hot then re-dip the towel into the hot water and re apply. Do this 3 times and wash your hair with cold water.
For healthy and long hair:
Mix 1 tsp of honey, 1 tsp of olive oil and 1 tsp of lime/lemon juice. Add 1 egg to the mixture and apply on your hair from the roots to the tips. Leave
Try to avoid washing your hair daily as it strips your hair from the natural oil that your hair has, making it secrete more oil and hence making your hair greasy. Thus, the more you wash your hair the greasier it becomes.
Dry, coarse and brittle hair needs to be nourished from within; a conditioner that just rinses out would not do the job. Get hold of an intensive moisturising shampoo which will cleanse without excessive rubbing and follow with a hot oil treatment. Heat opens up the hair cuticles allowing the moisturiser to penetrate the hair shaft giving it suppleness, bounce and movement.
How to Grow Out Your Hair Longer and Faster
Hair Care Routine and Tips to get Long and Healthy Hair
Hot Oil Hair Treatment for Damaged Hair
Great Tips for Frizzy Hair:
- How to Dry Frizzy Hair: It is a mistake to dry frizzy prone hair by beating it with the towel or letting it air dry on itself or blow drying hair regularly. The best way to dry frizzy hair after shower without damaging the hair is to squeeze dry with hand first and then with a super absorbent cloth or paper towel, wrap dry as soon as possible. This is because the longer the hair stays wet the hair soaks up moisture and fluffs up.
- Best time to comb frizzy hair: Always comb frizzy hair while it is still damp or wet to avoid hair from breaking and this will help lessen hair fall as well.
- Hair Serum: apply hair serum for frizzy hair or leave in condition to have great controlled hair.
- What to avoid: Avoid hair products such as shampoo, conditioner or hair serum or leave in conditioner with alcohol. alcohol makes hair dry and hair that is already frizzy and dry does not want to be more dry. Dry hair tends to be thirsty for moisture and when the weather is humid the hair soaks in the moisture from the air and that's when the hair becomes puffed up and unruly.
- Best Pillow Case for Dry hair: who would have guessed that hair treatment during sleep is also important. With dry and frizzy prone hair, it is always important to not stress the hair in any way. Sleeping at night on rough pillow cases such as cotton can actually do harm to hair. Best pillow case for such hair is satin and silk or any fabric which glides. Hair will be less damaged during sleep.