- Fashion and Beauty»
- Hairstyles, Cool Cuts, How to Style Your Hair»
2013 Hairstyles for Men with Balding Thinning Hair - Style Cuts Trends
Men love their hair. Going bald is scary and very stressful to men. The fear and anxiety of losing their hair can lead to depression among men.
Here are some interesting statistics from a leading hair loss clinic:
- 40% of men have noticeable hair loss by age 35, 65% by age 60, and 80% by age 80.
- 60% of hair loss sufferers would rather have more hair than money or friends.
- Almost half (47%) of hair loss sufferers would spend their life savings to regain a full head of hair.
- Roughly a third (30%) of hair loss sufferers would give up sex if it meant they would get their hair back.
So, would men with full head of hair shave their head for a hairstyle? The answer is highly unlikely.
Norwood-Hamilton Scale of Male Pattern Baldness
Male Pattern Baldness
The male pattern baldness accounts for more than 95% of hair loss in men.
Contrary to popular belief, baldness is not inherited from the mother's side of the family. Studies show that there must be several genes causing male pattern baldness. So, stop blaming dad for marrying mom. Your baldness could have come from your father's side of the family, or from both sides.
An article published in ScienceDaily in 2008, suggests that about a third of all men are affected by male pattern baldness by age 45. So guys if you are over 45, and you still have a full head of hair, chances are good that you won't go bald.
That was the good news. Now for the bad news. On the same news report it says that researchers at McGill University, King's College London and GlaxoSmithKline Inc. have identified two genetic variants in Caucasians that together produce an astounding sevenfold increase the risk of male pattern baldness. Seven times!
What about the non-caucasian men? Although no studies have been done on non-caucasian men, the researchers claim that they would presume male pattern baldness is caused by the same genetic variation in non-caucasians.
Oh by the way, the study also indicates that one in seven men have both of those risk variants. That means 14% of the total male population are at risk of going bald.
Ok, now you can cry.
Embrace Your Baldness
In the past, baldness was considered unfortunate and undesirable. In ancient times, baldness was viewed, not only as a disfigurement, but also a loss of virility. For thousands of years, men struggled to hide their balding or thinning hair with wigs and ugly comb-overs, wasted millions of dollars on hair growth products that don't work, and those who could afford it had undergone all types of surgical and non-surgical hair transplants.
Well, that was then. Now, bald is not only beautiful, bald is sexy. Thanks to celebrities like Yul Brynner, Telly Savalas, Michael Jordan, and Bruce Willis, who embraced their baldness and wore it with pride.
Yul Brynner was noted for his distinctive voice, indefinable accent, and his shaven head, which he maintained as a personal trademark long after adopting it for his Academy Award winning role as Mongcut, king of Siam, in the 1956 Rodgers and Hammerstein musical The King and I.
Yul Brynner was first to prove that a man didn't need no stinkin' hair to be a powerful charismatic leading man.
Telly Savalas is best known for his role as Detective Theo Kojak in the 70s television series Kojak. Kojak was a tough-talking New York police detective known for his shiny bald head, his love of lollipops, his taunting grin, and signature line, "Who loves ya', baby?"
Telly Savalas single-handedly brought bald into a new level. Telly Savalas not only wore his baldness with pride, he wore his baldness oozing with sex appeal.
Balding men finally realized what women had been saying all along. Bald is sexy.
Michael Jordan is acclaimed as the greatest basketball player of all time. His gazillion accomplishments include:
- Six-time NBA champion (1991-93, 1996-98);
- NBA MVP (1988, '91, '92, '96, '98);
- 10-time All-NBA First Team (1987-93, 1996-98);
- All-NBA Second Team (1985);
- Defensive Player of the Year (1988);
- Nine-time All-Defensive First Team (1988-93, 1996-98);
- Rookie of the Year (1985);
- 14-time All-Star; All-Star MVP (1988, '96, '98);
- One of 50 Greatest Players in NBA History (1996);
- Two-time Olympic gold medalist (1984, '92).
Not bad for a guy who was cut from the varsity basketball team at his high school in Wilmington, North Carolina when he was a scrawny twelve year old. Not bad at all.
When Michael Jordan completely shaved off his thinning hair in the early 90s, it was a slam-dunk in hair style fashion. You wanna be like Michael, go bold. Go bald.
Michael Jordan made bald a hair style. A very cool hair style for men.
2013 Hairstyles for Men with Balding Thinning Hair
Of course, not everyone is ready for the bold bald look. If your hair is just starting to thin out, here are some hairstyles you could try.
Jude Law is a great example of the typical pattern of male baldness, which begins at the hairline. His hairline has been gradually receding and forming an "M" shape.
Here are the 2013 Hairstyles for Men with receding hairline.
Jude Law - The suave hair style
Jude Law - The trendy messy hairstyle
Jude Law - The short bold look
When hair starts thinning on top but you're not ready for the close shave, you can either go for
- Au Naturel - let nature take its course, or
- Buzz Cut - very short hair like buzz cut is not only cool, but it will also take away the focus on your thinning hair.
From an "M" shape, the male pattern baldness eventually becomes finer, shorter, and thinner, and creates a U-shaped (or horseshoe) pattern of hair around the sides of the head.
Some men just embrace what nature had given them, like Jason Alexander, Ron Howard, and Sir Sean Connery. They are happy the way they are. Well, good for them.
Jason Alexander - Au Naturel
Ron Howard - Au Naturel
Woody Harrelson - Au Naturel
Sir Sean Connery - Au Naturel
Buzz cut is a simple hairstyle that is very cool for men of all ages. This hairstyle is so popular that it is now an acceptable hair style from athletes to office executives.
Buzz cut is a great hair style for men with balding or thinning hair. Why call attention to your bald spot or receding hairline, go for buzz cut. This haircut takes away the focus from your thinning hair.
Celebrities like John Travolta, Jason Stathan, and Eddie Murphy opted for buzz cut for their balding thinning hair.
Buzz cut forever!
John Travolta - Buzz Cut
Adam Levine - Buzz Cut
Jason Stathan - Buzz Cut
Eddie Murphy - Buzz Cut
Be Bold - Be Bald
While Yul Brynner proved that an actor didn't need no stinkin' hair to be a powerful leading man in the 50s, Telly Savalas made bald sexy, and Michael Jordan made bald a cool hair style, Bruce Willis has proven once and for all that being bald ain't bad. It is actually badass.
Celebrities such as Bruce Willis, Vin Diesel, LL Cool J, Howie Mandel, and rocker Chris Daughtry embraced their baldness by shaving it all off and still be uber cool.
Be bold. Be bald.
Bruce Willis - Be Bold. Be Bald
Vin Diesel - Be Bold. Be Bald
LL Cool J - Be Bold. Be Bald
Howie Mandel - Be Bold. Be Bald
Chris Daughtry - Be Bold. Be Bald
More Hairstyles, Hair Style, Cuts, Trends by Rosie2010
- 2013 Short Hairstyles for Women
- 2013 Hairstyles for Women with Medium Length Hair Style Cuts
- 2013 Hairstyles For Women with Long Hair
- 2013 Hairstyles with Bangs for Round, Oval, Square, Heart, Oblong Face
- 2013 Best Celebrity Short Hairstyles Hair Cuts Trends
- 2013 Braided Hairstyles for Women - Fun Braids, Braided Updo Hair Styles
- 2013 Curly Hairstyles for Women - Curly Hair Styles: Short, Medium, Long
- 2013 Bob Hairstyles for Women - Bob Hair Styles: Short, Medium, Long
- 2013 Hair Extensions - How to wear Clip Hair Extensions
- 2013 Hairstyles for Men Short Medium Long Hair Styles Haircuts
- 2013 Hairstyles for Men with Balding Thinning Hair Style Cuts Trends
Did you know? by Rosie2010
Did you know you can create your own HubPage?
Did you know you can be part of a great community, make friends and, share your knowledge and experience, and EARN MONEY through Adsense and other Affiliate programs?
Yes, you can! JOIN HUBPAGES NOW - CLICK HERE!