Healthy Beautiful Hair
Hair can make a person. Sometimes it is the easiest thing to change about yourself in order to make a statement. Taking care of it though may not be so easy sometimes. If your hair looks great, so does your whole face and if it doesn't, you feel unkept and gives you low self esteem all around.
Here are a few tip and tricks to having healthy beautiful hair.
Different Hair Types
Oily Hair- Seperates and sometimes looks darker at the roots. Feels heavy and looks limp when dirty.
- Never wash your hair in hot water, only warma nd rinse in cool water. This closes the pores in your scalp and makes hair shinier and cleaner.
- Lather two or three times if needed.
- Use shampoo for oily hair--thats a no brainer.
- Use conditioner from your ear level down only.
Dry Hair- Usually has split ends. Not very shiny. If very damages, can look like straw.
- Use shampoo for dry or damaged hair.
- Use conditioner for tangles.
- Avoid over exposure to sun, wind and blow dryers.
- Trim split ends every 6-8 weeks.
Flat Hair- Thin and limp. Usually has a fly away look and is baby fine.
- Use a protein conditioner.
- Keep ends trimmed evenly. The blunter the cut, the thicker the hair will look.
- Lean over with head upside down if blowdrying. This makes hair appear fuller.
Curley Hair- Thick and wiry. Unruley or out of control. Often appears sry and bushy.
- Shampoo once or twice a week.
- Avoid dampness and humidity that causes the frizzies.
- Keep hair trimmed and thinned ro remove excess bulk.
- Have hair in a wash and go style.
- Avoid having hair become too long and out of control.
Normal Hair- Shiny and healthy. Bouncy, Hair is not too oily and not too dry.
- Shampoo when needed.
- Deep condition as needed.
- Rinse well using cool water.
- Trim as needed.
Hair Care Do's
- Use a wide tooth plastic comb for detangling wet hair.
- Drink plenty of milk and water to keep hair shiny and bouncy.
- Remove barrettes and pins before sleeping.
- Use a shampoo that is right for you.
- Use a fresh clean towel to dry hair.
- Wear a hairstyle that fits your lifestyle.
- Keep hair out of eyes.
- Wash brushes and combs every two weeks.
Hair Care Don'ts
- Brush hair when wet, it stretches and breaks.
- Eat jumk food and not expect the ill effects to show up in your hair.
- Use real rubber bands in hair ever, only coated types.
- Use handfuls of shampoo, a fifty cent dollop is plenty.
- Ever cut your own hair, same goes for perms, relaxers, etc.