How To Lighten Dark Lips
Dark lip is a problem with many girls. Lips that are pink are considered as beautiful and no one would like to have dark lips. But if your lips are dark, then do not loose hope. There are several natural tips which if followed regularly can lighten your lips to a great extent.
Causes Of Dark Lips
1. Limit your intake of tea and coffee. Caffeine can make your lips darker depending on the amount consumed.
2. Choose your lipstick carefully. Avoid the ones which are loaded with chemicals. Go for lip products which have natural plant based ingredients.
3. Smoking can have adverse effect on the color of your lips and may cause irreversible darkening.
Natural Home Remedies
1. Increase your water intake. Low water content in body can make your lips dry and cracked thereby making them look darker.
2. If you are suffering from dry lips, keep a lip balm handy.
3. Exfoliate your lips daily. Take some coarsely powdered sugar, add lemon juice and scrub your lips daily with this mixture. Alternately you can use a baby toothbrush to scrub your lips gently. This will remove the dead cells.
4. Apply pure coconut oil mixed with a few drops of lemon juice on your lips daily. Massage gently, keep for some minutes and wash off.
5. Apply a lip balm with a minimum SPF of 15. Constant sun exposure can darken your lips overtime.
6. The habit of licking the lips can also make them darker overtime so avoid doing that.
7. Apple cider vinegar and lemon juice are highly effective in lightening the color of your lips, so use them regularly.
8.Take some red rose petals and grind them into a paste. Apply this mixture for at least 15 minutes daily. This is very effective in treating dark lips.
9. Fuller's earth is an excellent natural whitener not only for the facial skin but also your lips. Add some honey in fuller's earth powder and make a paste. Apply this paste as a lip pack at least 2 times a week.
10. Applying fruit and vegetable juices like pomegranate juice, red grape juice or beet root juice can lighten your lips dramatically.
11. Mix coconut water, lemon juice and cucumber juice. Massage your lips with this mixture. Keep for a few minutes and wash off.
12. Before going to bed apply a mixture of almond paste mixed with milk cream on your lips to hydrate and nourish them. Since both almonds and milk have lightening and bleaching properties, they will definitely lighten your lips if used regularly.
13. A pack of gram flour, lemon juice and yogurt is not only excellent for your facial skin but your lips as well. Use it as a lip pack to remove lip darkness.
14. Mix honey and lemon juice in equal quantities and use as a lip balm. It is very effective for lightening dark lips.
15. Avoid smoking, high intake of tea and coffee. They can damage your beauty and lips in the long run.
16. Increase your intake of fresh fruits and vegetables which will provide you with sufficient antioxidants and keep your lips pink and glowing at the same time.
Apart from the above tips, choose your lip care cosmetics carefully. Read the label and go for the ones which are not tested on animals. Research shows that the products tested on animals are mostly high in chemicals and toxic ingredients. And most importantly keep your lips bare sometimes and let them breathe !!
You May Also Like
- Beauty Tips With Spices
Spices and herbs are not only great in taste and aroma but have several health benefits which includes making your skin youthful and beautiful if included in skin care routine.
- How To Apply Henna To Hair
Henna is excellent for promoting hair growth. It is mostly used for its dyeing effect on hair. It is the natural alternative to hair colors, completely natural and without any side-effects.
- Skin Care Tips For Brides
A few skin care tips which is easy to follow and without any side-effects. Try them to look your best on your wedding.