- Fashion and Beauty»
- Dental Hygiene & Cosmetic Dentistry
Home Remedies for Teeth Whitening - How to Whiten Teeth for Free
Most movie stars, celebrities and models these days all appear to have flawlessly white teeth making the rest of us all strive for similar perfection. In many instances famous people end up paying dental practitioners hundreds of dollars to whiten their teeth or put on a bonding agent over their teeth. Some celebrities have a jaw filled with capped teeth, whilst some undertake other sorts of dental whitening treatments. The harsh truth is that this all works out to be an really expensive bill and these are procedures that demand a great deal of maintenance.
Here are some very affordable alternatives you can try to help whiten your smile!
Free Teeth Whitener Offer
Home Remedies for Teeth Whitening
Here are several home remedies for teeth whitening.
If you try any, let me know in a comment how you get on!
- Mix equal amounts of lemon juice and salt to form a paste. Apply this to yellowing spots on teeth, its said to be one of the most effective tooth whitening remedies by some people. ( see further below about lemon juice)
- Rubbing some walnut tree bark on your teeth is also said to remove stains from them, you could also try hardwood ash as it contains potassium hydroxide, an effective teeth whitener
- Mixing equal amounts of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide (a teaspoon or two of each, careful not to swallow!) and rinsing well is another method of how to get whiter teeth.
- Washing your mouth out with salty water can also help keep them clean and white, as can adding a little salt on top of your toothpaste, this can make your mouth feel sparkling clean
- Try rubbing your teeth with the inside of an orange peel, some people have also used banana peel for this!
Preventing teeth stains and discoloration
As always, prevention is better than cure, if you smoke, quit, you'll be healthier too! Also avoid drinks such as coffee. Smoking and coffee are bad for teeth as these can stain teeth after a while.
Methods people have used include brushing with lemon juice or cider vinegar, I recommend against these as they are said to be too abrasive and could wear away the enamel on your teeth after time!