- Fashion and Beauty»
- Skin Care»
- Facial Skin Care
Homemade 2 in 1 Eye Make-Up Remover and Eye Cream
Friends Forever ~
What is a friend? Someone you can count on, someone you trust and believe in.
Here are three friends of mine that I know fit the bill of what a friend is. They can be counted on, relied upon, I know they will deliver on their promises and I know they will always be there for me during the years ahead. Recently they let me into a secret that I am sharing with you today.
They not only remove eye make-up efficiently but also provide deep moisturizing and nourishing benefits of an eye cream. Stubborn eyeliner, mascara or eyeshadow will quickly disappear once this threesome is let loose. Delicate skin around the eye is kept supple and conditioned with these ladies waving their magic wand of benefits.
Let me introduce my friends:
The Beauty of a Rose
Ingredients ~ The Three Amigos
Coconut Oil – benefits include moisturizing and nourishing, full of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, helps minimize fine lines and wrinkles, absorbs quickly, heals scars, protects the skin, removes any puffiness or dark circles around the eye and is totally versatile and cost effective.
Rosehip Seed Oil - benefits of this light oil include being rich in fatty acids and antioxidants, moisturizing, excellent for dry, dehydrated, sun damaged or sensitive skin, one of the best oils for treating wrinkles and preventing premature aging of the skin, rejuvenating, regenerating, smoothing, improves elasticity of the skin, heals scar tissue, is versatile and may be used safely on children and babies.
Lavender Oil – benefits include antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic; tones and revitalizes the skin; will help soothe skin conditions such as acne, dermatitis, eczema or psoriasis. You have the additional benefit of this oil’s therapeutic properties which include it being relaxing, calming and helps headaches and insomnia.
Eye Cream or Make-Up Removing
Suzie’s Top Tip ~
Whenever you are using a cotton pad (or Q-tip) for cleansers, toners or eye make-up remover:
First dampen cotton pads with water and press out excess gently by placing in-between the palms of the hands. It is less abrasive on the skin and will not pull the skin.
You will use less product this way too!
2 in 1 Recipe ~
1/2 cup Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
5 tsp Organic Rosehip Seed Oil
Organic Therapeutic Grade Lavender Essential Oil
Small Sterilized Jar (4 oz) or
Variety of Jars or Containers (optional)
Glass Pyrex Jug
Toothpick (cocktail stick, plastic cosmetic spatula or teaspoon)
- Add coconut oil into the pyrex jug or glass bowl. The jug I find handy for pouring.
- Sit it in a saucepan of hot water and melt gently on the stove.
- When fully melted, remove from the saucepan.
- Add in the rosehip seed oil and mix together.
- Have your container(s) ready.
- Pour your 2 in 1 to near the top of your container.
- Guide to lavender drops:
- For small jars 1-2 oz size, add 5-7 drops of lavender.
- For lip balm style containers (tins or jars) add 2-3 drops lavender
- For tiny “on the move travel size” contact lens containers, add 1 drop to each side.
- Place your containers in the fridge for the 2 in 1 to solidify, approximately an hour.
- Make sure all hair is off the face by clipping back or use a hairband.
- Using a spatula, take a tiny amount of product and apply it gently with the ring finger (less pressure) over the eye area in small tapping movements.
- Massage in gently to loosen up eye make-up.
- Using a damp cotton pad gently sweep across the eyelid.
- For eyeliner and mascara or any make-up close to the lash line ALWAYS use a Q-tip for eye make-up remover.
- This is a double whammy recipe which can benefit both removal of make-up AND provide all you need in an eye cream, day or night.
- Sometimes I like to use a quick lick of rosewater or cucumber juice on a damp cotton pad to soothe and remove the final traces of make-up and apply a little more 2 in 1 as eye cream.
Recycle a Contact Lense Case for your 2 in 1
My Case by Jamie
- DIY Blinged Out Contact Lens Case
Learn how to make this super cute bling covered contact lens case with this easy, step by step tutorial. I have also included some clever ideas for alternate uses for your new sparkly case.
Keep it Simple
Tips and Suggestions ~
Remember LESS IS MORE . . . go with what you think is enough when applying and HALVE it. Most of us are guilty of thinking we need more product than we do.
You can leave out essential oil completely if you wish.
Coconut oil may be used alone if you are keen to simplify further AND it is super for moisturizing the face and body just the way it is.
Rosehip Seed Oil is my newest BF and really is worth having for skin care, it is marvellous! You can use it on it’s own as a skin moisturizer or incorporate into recipes in place of other oils such as olive oil, sweet almond or jojoba oil.
If you want you can use Vitamin E Oil instead of rosehip oil use the following guide for quantities:
For small jars (1-2 oz) use 4-5 capsules (4 - 41/2 tsp)
For lip balm container use 2 capsules (1 tsp)
For tiny on the move travel size use 1 capsule (1/2 tsp)
Which product do you prefer?
Food for Thought . . . .
Having a product that doubles up is so useful and the fact it uses oils may surprise some. Oils are super effective in removing not just eye make-up but for cleansing the face. The right oil is what makes the difference as some are light and absorb quickly, others are heavier and will not absorb fast.
The fact that you know exactly what is going on your eyes is a big plus. No hidden chemicals, toxins or synthetic fragrances and by choosing to buy organic you are using the very best of quality with maximum nutrients. Even organic options in these oils are not too costly and you can utilize them in a variety of ways in the home.
"Creating health awareness through homemade beauty solutions"
Olive Oil and Aloe Vera Water Eye Make-Up Remover
More Eye Candy from Suzie ~
- Rejuvenating Under-Eye Serum
Who needs botox or eye lifts when we have natures very own rejuvenating oils readily available? Here is a simple, no nonsense homemade eye serum using 3 oil ingredients; Baobab, Jojoba and Carrot.
- Cucumber and Aloe Vera Eye Gel Recipe
Here is a quick, easy and inexpensive eye gel recipe you can whip up in your own kitchen using cucumber and aloe vera gel. Say goodbye to under eye puffiness, dark circles, dehydrated skin and more.
- Homemade Eye Cream With Coconut Oil and Vitamin E
Making a homemade eye cream that is beneficial to the delicate skin around the eye is made easy here with 2 ingredients. Coconut Oil and Vitamin E are packed with reasons to use in an eye cream recipe.
Deluxe Eye Make-Up Remover
More DIY Eye Treats ~
- Homemade Mascara Recipe
If you ever wondered if making mascara was possible then wonder no more. Here is an easy recipe using 4 ingredients that really do work at separating, coating and conditioning the eyelashes.
- How to Quickly Remove Eyeliner Mistakes
When you wear eyeliner it is important to know how to quickly remove any eyeliner mistakes that can happen to the best of us. With many different forms of eyeliner including liquid eyeliner and kohl pencil available, avoiding panda eyes is a must.
- How to Apply Loose Powder Eyeliners
Applying eyeliner in loose powder form is easy and by using existing eyeshadow colors, is a great way of saving your cash. Eyeliner should not be feared and yet it is by many women so let me give you some well chosen tips and advice on eyeliners.
- How to Get Beautiful Eyelashes and Eyebrows with Cas...
Are you longing for thicker longer eyelashes? Are your eyebrows in need of some help? Beautiful eyelashes and eyebrows can be yours by using castor oil nightly. Read on to find out more information on Castor Oil and Jamaican Black Castor Oil.
Author Info ~
Information on the author, her bio and full body of works available @ Suzie HQ
Credit to homesteadbound ~
All dividers used in this hub are used with permission granted on hub, Creating Dividers to Use on Your Hubs
© 2013 Suzanne Ridgeway