- Fashion and Beauty»
- Skin Care»
- Facial Skin Care
Homemade Anti-Aging Lotion Bars With Frankincense and Patchouli
Flowering Macadamia Tree
It's a Lotion . . It's a Bar ~
An apple a day keeps the doctor away
What about this
_____________ keeps those wrinkles at bay.
Answers on a postcard please!
It is not as easy as you may think and the reason being there are a number of factors which help keep those wrinkles at bay or at least less visible. Moisturizing is one of them and this lotion bar is absolutely loaded with anti-aging rich ingredients that smell good too!
What is gorgeous about this lotion bar is it is totally functional for use on the legs, feet, stomach, arms, hands, chest, neck and face. For the face it is more suited to a dry skin, I found it a little oily for my combination skin however it was a dream to use everywhere else and doubles as an aftersun. If you are going on holidays or live in a hot climate this is a must for its rich, soothing, nourishing and anti-inflammatory qualities.
Sea Buckthorn Hippophae rhamnoides
The Newbies ~
Two new exciting ingredients for me were Macadamia Oil and Sea Buckthorn Oil.
Macadamia Nut Oil has proven to be one of the best regenerative oils available.
The oil, extracted from the macadamia nut, is rich in monounsaturated fatty acids making it incredibly rich and protecting. It is widely used for its healing and anti-aging properties.
Sea Buckthorn Oil is a rich concentrated oil extracted from the sea buckthorn fruit.
This oil is another giant in the skin care world, highly prized and used for treating sunburn, wrinkles, scar tissue and problematic skins. Rich in essential fatty acids, carotenes, phytosterols and tocopherols it should always be used in small quantities.
Boswellia Tree Flowers
Best Anti-Aging Essential Oils
- Push Tubes, Clear | Bramble Berry® Soap Making Supplies
Clear Push Tubes hold 1 oz of product and cost $1.50 for one or are available in bulk to further reduce cost per tube. 10 tubes are $10 for example.
Lotion Bar Recipe ~
4 oz Macadamia Oil
21/2 oz Shea Butter
11/2 oz Cocoa Butter
1 oz Beeswax Pellets
1 tsp Sea Buckthorn Oil
20 drops Frankincense Essential Oil
10 drops Patchouli Essential Oil
You Will Need:
5 x 1 oz Push up Containers
Small Steel or Glass Bowl
Saucepan or Bain Marie
Measuring Jug (for pouring into containers)
- Add all the ingredients apart from the essential oils and sea buckthorn oil, into the bowl and place over a saucepan of boiling water.
- Turn down stove top to a medium setting and melt the oils and wax stirring with the handle of the spoon. When fully melted remove bowl from heat and move to a flat counter top.
- The next stage needs to be done quickly as the lotion will begin hardening as it cools.
- Add in the sea buckthorn oil and the 2 essential oils and stir.
- Pour into the glass measuring jug and then pour into your push up containers.
- Leave to harden which will take a few hours.
- They will last approximately 6 months and should be stored in a cool dark cupboard.
Patchouli and Honey Bars
Tips and Suggestions ~
- These push up tubes make for easy application and ideal for travel. If you prefer you could use a lip balm tin or glass jars that hold 1 oz. If using 1/2 oz size jars or tins, you will need 10 containers for this recipe.
- Wipe the handle of the wooden spoon with kitchen paper immediately after pouring the bars. It makes for easier cleaning which should be done by hand with hot soapy water and not in the dishwasher.
- Add a label to each container with the due expiry date (6 months from date made). Add the fragrance combination if you are making different ones.
- Use the extra ones for replenishment stock or give as gifts.
- If you have an allergy to bees or cannot use beeswax try carnauba wax or candelilla wax.
- If you want to go with more cost effective carrier oils you can substitute the macadamia oil for sweet almond oil or grapeseed oil; the sea buckthorn oil for rosehip seed oil sunflower oil or wheat germ oil. All these alternatives have great anti-aging and cell regeneration properties.
To 10 Foods for Glowing Skin
Best Essential Oils With Frankincense
Best Essential Oils With Patchouli
- Clary Sage
How to Prevent Premature Skin Aging ~
AVOID sunbathing or spending long periods in direct sunlight.
ALWAYS wear adequate sunscreen with a minimum SPF15 and make sure you always wear on your face and neck.
EXFOLIATE the face, neck, lips, hands, feet and body at least once a week.
DON’T smoke, apart from the serious health issues it is the quickest way to premature aging.
EAT a well balanced diet rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
KEEP particularly dry skin well moisturized and use a nourishing deep skin treatment with serum as it is the most likely skin type to show premature aging.
GET enough sleep. Having a good night’s sleep of 7-8 hours for adults helps to produce collagen and elastin which help minimize those wrinkles.
DRINK enough water daily. It makes a huge difference to the functioning of the skin, our largest organ. Make sure to have at least 6-8 glasses a day. Fruits and vegetables with high water content should be included in your diet.
KICK oil stripping soaps, face washes and toners to the curb. Star making your own chemical free gentle emollient based skin care and body care products and watch the years melt away!
USE upward movements when applying lotions and potions to the skin, particularly the neck and face. Dragging the skin downwards only encourages lines, skin sagging and wrinkles.
Food for Thought . . .
Lotion bars are quick and easy to make. Versatile, one product serves as a beneficial anti-aging treatment for all body and face applications. if you are used to using a variety of different products you will love this addictive recipe which may be tailor mad for your own skin needs.
"Creating health awareness through homemade beauty solutions"
More Anti-Aging Recipes ~
- Homemade Jojoba Anti-Wrinkle Solution Recipe
Making your own homemade jojoba anti-wrinkle solution is quick and easy to make. One of the most beneficial ingredients for our skins, jojoba oil is particularly effective for mature aging skin.
- Anti-Aging Serum with Vitamin C and Camu Camu
This is a fresh potent recipe to make your own anti-aging serum which will rival commercial brands. Rich in Vitamin C it includes Camu Camu from the Amazonian Rainforest which is a superfood for skin.
- Soothing Cucumber, Coconut & Milk Skin Toner
Make your own skin toner easily with fresh ingredients. Designed for dry skins, it contains cucumber, coconut milk and coconut water and is soothing and hydrating. Read on for full recipe and more . .
- Easy Homemade Face Toners and Tonics
Face toners or tonics go hand in hand with cleansers and moisturizers history dictates to us. Here are 4 easily made recipes for creating your own homemade, inexpensive and beneficial face toners.
- Homemade Eye Cream With Coconut Oil and Vitamin E
Making a homemade eye cream that is beneficial to the delicate skin around the eye is made easy here with 2 ingredients. Coconut Oil and Vitamin E are packed with reasons to use in an eye cream recipe.
- How to Moisturize Your Skin Effectively
Tips on how to moisturize your skin effectively with a guide to the skin types and how to identify them. No matter what your type of skin it needs a moisturizer or hydrating cream and protecting daily.
Author info ~
Information on the author, her bio and full body of works available @ Suzie HQ
Credit to homesteadbound ~
All dividers used in this hub are used with permission granted on hub, Creating Dividers to Use on Your Hubs
© 2013 Suzanne Ridgeway