Homemade Cherry Face Mask Recipes
Fresh Cherries in Turkey ~
Whipping up a quick, fresh face mask using cherries as your main ingredient, is something we can all benefit from such is the world wide availability of this small but pack punching important fruit.
Funnily enough, cherries are a fruit I avoided for years as I did not like the maraschino cherries my mum used in making buns, scones or Christmas cake and invariably were picked out of her culinary delights.
It was not until I was in southern Turkey, wandering around the food market that fresh cherries caught my eye with their shiny blood red coloring, freshly cleaned and had droplets of water glistening in the bright Turkish sun.
As I stopped to view them closer, I was handed one to try by the vendor. I was hooked and dutiful left with a bag costing little or nothing, to eat as I continued around spying the mouth-watering fruits I wanted.
Thinking back to all my subsequent trips to Turkey, I was always saddened by the aged skins of women in particular. They spent long days tending fields, small patches or gardens and livestock out in strong sun with no sunscreen.
Many of these village women who became friends, appeared 10 - 20 years older than they were. Ironic to think they have all these amazing ingredients growing and could be utilizing them in different ways.
Face Mask Ingredient
Cherry Info by Rajan Jolly
- Facts, Nutritional And Health Benefits Of Cherry And Tart Cherry
Cherry is a super food. It not only contains appreciable levels of antioxidants, but has a unique combination of antioxidants not found in other fruits. Know the nutritional and health benefits of sweet cherry and tart cherry...
Summer Fruit Inspiration ~
Thinking of summer fruits brought me to the conclusion cherries must have benefits for the skin along with our health so decided to look into it and what a find they are.
Having done some homemade skin care using fresh fruit, face masks are one of those treatments I never tire of trying and using regularly.
All the ingredients used are edible and so much better for your skin than store bought as you are using them in the original form with no additives or preservatives.
These recipes I have included are using basic ingredients and very few per recipe to keep things quick and simple.
Masks are made fresh to have optimum nutrients so no keeping them, make as required. Equipment is kept minimal and should be easily doable in your home.
For a more detailed look at the health benefits of cherries and the different types, please check out my friend Rajan Jolly’s informative article to the right.
Skin Benefits of Cherries ~
- Rich in Antioxidants
- Mild Exfoliating Properties
- Skin Lightening
- Age Spots
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles
- Rich in Vitamin A, C
- Contains Vitamin E, K
- Rich in Beta Carotene
- Rich in Potassium, Magnesium & Iron
Basic Equipment Covering All Mask Recipes
Small mixing bowl
Spatula / Spoon
Face Mask Brush (optional)
Muslin Face Cloth (optional)
Tips &Skin Preparation ~
- Remove the cherry stones prior to beginning.
- For cherry juice, press cherries through a fine sieve or mesh.
- Thoroughly cleanse face of any makeup or daily grime with your cleanser or try a homemade cleanser such as mango butter and carrot face cleanser or aromatherapy cleanser.
- When applying face mask, avoid the eye area at all times.
- Check out how to correctly apply a face mask.
- When your mask is applied, take time out and put your feet up. Pop a few chilled cucumber slices over your eyes to refresh, brighten, re-hydrate and remove any puffiness around the eye area. Take a glass of cucumber spa water with you and drink this while you are relaxing.
- These face masks should not be overused, once a week is sufficient and best to do in the evening. Overusing may cause over stimulating the skin and lead to irritations, redness and skin dehydration.
The Perfect Skin Combination
Versatile Summer Fruit
Anti-Aging Face Mask
- Mash together 5 – 6 cherries and 3 – 4 strawberries.
- Apply onto cleansed face and neck with fingers or mask brush and leave for 10 minutes.
- Remove with damp warm muslin or cotton face cloth.
- Finish with a final splash of cold water and pat the skin dry.
- Follow with your regular skin toner and jojoba anti aging solution.
Wrinkle Busting Face Mask
- Mash 5 – 6 cherries with 2 tablespoons of organic honey and mix together.
- Apply with the fingers or face mask brush to the face and neck.
- Leave on for 15 minutes before removing with a warm damp muslin or cotton face cloth.
- Finish with a splash of cold water and pat the skin dry.
- Follow with your skin tonic or toner, serum and face moisturizer.
- This mask is wonderful for minimizing fine lines and wrinkles, lightening any skin discolorations, nourishing the skin and has a mild exfoliating effect leaving the skin soft, smooth and supple.
Sweet or Sour
Exfoliating Face Mask
- Mix 1 tablespoon of fine or instant oatmeal with 2 tablespoons of cherry juice to a thick moist paste.
- Apply to the face avoiding the eye area and gentle massage the face mask in small circular movements for a few minutes.
- Leave for 5 – 10 minutes and remove with dampened muslin or cotton face cloth.
- Finish with a final splash of cold water and or face toner.
- Apply your normal moisturizer.
- This exfoliating mask will remove all the dead skin cells revealing fresh healthy skin, improve the circulatory system and deep clean the pores preventing blackheads and whiteheads forming.
Do you fancy giving a cherry face mask a try?
Skin Rejuvenating Face Mask
- Take a small handful approximately 5 – 8 cherries, remove stones and mash up in your bowl.
- Add 2 – 3 tablespoons of natural yogurt and mix together to form a paste.
- Apply with the fingers or a face mask brush and leave for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Remove with a dampened warm muslin or cotton face cloth which has a gentle exfoliating quality.
- By using warm water it will stimulate the pores enabling deep cleansing.
- When completely removed finish with cold water splash and pat dry.
- Leaves the skin soft, smooth, moisturized and brighter in appearance, with a healthy glow.
- Follow with a homemade skin toner, anti-aging serum and moisturizer.
Dry Skin Face Mask
- Pop the pulp of 8 – 10 cherries into a blender with the pulp of a ripe peach.
- Blend together to a paste and apply to the face and neck area with your fingers or face mask brush.
- If you wish to add more nourishment (dehydrated skin) add a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil at blending stage.
- Refines, hydrates and helps minimize fine lines and wrinkles on the face and neck.
- Follow with your skin toner and moisturizer.
Oily Skin Face Mask
Add an egg white to a bowl and give it a light whisk.
- Add in 2 tablespoons of cornmeal, 1 tablespoon of organic honey and 8 – 10 mashed cherries.
- Mix the ingredients together and apply to the face.
- Leave for 20 minutes and remove with a warm damp muslin or cotton face cloth.
- Slash the skin with cold water to finish and pat face dry.
- Sweep over with your skin tonic and regular moisturizer.
- This mask will tighten slightly on the skin and draws out impurities deep in the pores and leave the skin feeling soft, smooth and refined.
Acne Skin Face Mask
- As for the wrinkle busting mask with one extra ingredient, a few drops of fresh lemon juice.
- Mix the mashed cherries, honey and lemon juice together and apply to the skin.
- Leave for 15 minutes before removing with a warm dampened face cloth or muslin cloth.
- Do a final splash of cold water and pat the skin dry before applying your skin toner and moisturizer.
- This ingredient combination will be nourishing, antibacterial, pore cleansing and has anti-inflammatory properties.
Luscious Moist Chocolate Cake
To Die for Desert by Vespawoolf
- Moist Chocolate Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting & Cherry Ganache Filling Recipe
The perfect dessert for a special occasion, this moist layer cake is filled with chocolate-cherry ganache and finished with cream cheese frosting.
Cherry Deserts by Rebecca
- Honor George Washington With A Delicious Cherry Dessert!
Did George Washington really chop down his father's cherry tree? Find out with this Hub that lists lots of Washington fun facts and some delicious (and surprisingly nutritious) recipes to honor the First Leader of a New Nation.
Nostalgic Trip Back to 1976 with Wild Cherry's Play That Funky Music White Boy
Small Fruit That Packs a Punch
"Creating health awareness through homemade beauty solutions"
Author Info ~
Information on the author, her bio and full body of works available @ Suzie HQ
Credit to homesteadbound ~
All dividers used in this hub are used with permission granted on hub, Creating Dividers to Use on Your Hubs