Diy Christmas Gifts for the Beauty Lovers.
There always is that kind of gift that finds its place immediately in our heart, as special as it is, for the Beauty Guru inside us; or for that crazy-on-beauty-stuff friend of ours. That kind of gift is the one that usually comes in jar containers, a homemade beauty product, may it be scrubs, creams, or lip butters.
Today we are talking about the Scrub-y gifts that we can't help but fall in love with, every single time. Before presenting all the kind of scrub products you can create, lets talk about their benefits, and why do you need to ex-foliate your skin as often as you can.
1. It will remove all the dead skin from your body
2. It will reveal the layer of a younger skin, healthier, shinier, smoother
3. It will help your body hydrate faster and better
4. It will boost your fluids circulation and help drain your lymph nodes
5. It will help prevent and treat cellulite [need I say more?]
It is better if you find time and nerves to create yourself your beauty products, because like the saying goes "Do not wear on your skin something you would not eat." It is safer to use natural organic products than it is to buy products that you do not even know the full ingredients they have in them. And you spend less money.
Usually is better to ex-foliate in the shower, but proceed anyhow you like it. The point is to not pass the scrubbing days.
Lets have a look on our homemade scrub products.
The above container has Mint based Scrub. You can do it by mixing with a wooden spoon Honey, Sugar, and Mint leafs [do not use a mixer]. You can use mixer only to turn the mint leafs in powder, so it will be easier and cleaner to mix them with the honey and sugar. I would recommend that you only use sugar in every scrub you create because it does not dry your skin or cut your skin; instead it leaves it way smoother than it was.
But, you can use Epsom Salt if your skin does not react badly on it, like mine does. Epsom salt is the kind you find in most beauty products because it feels softer and works better on skin. The below scrub is made of a mix of Epsom Salt, Oil [you can use coconut oil or almond oil] and Pure Lavender. The Lavender will have to be used in it's raw form: as a flower, which of course, should be turned into powder dust before mixed with the other ingredients.
The other product is a scrub in form of Soap. What you need is Oats, Honey, Almond Oil, Vitamin E capsules which you can find at pharmacy, and Goat's Milk Soap Base. First put the container of the Goat's Milk Soap Base, which is cut in cubics, in microwave for a few seconds until it is turned into liquid, or for even better results, spend some time over the oven cooking it. Then throw the other ingredients into it and mix them by using a fork. Next, freeze them in your refrigerator, and they will be ready for use.
Strawberry, Honey, Sugar and some drops of Coconut oil would be a perfect hand scrub, or face scrub. The smell is perfect, and the shine and smoothness this Scrub leaves behind is heaven! It would be the perfect gift in the cold winter.
If you do not have time, or the possibilities to use the ingredients listed above, you can always take advantage of orange, or apple, or cucumber. Pour them in a mixer with some sugar, and ex-foliate your skin. Honey and Sugar will do the trick too, and you do not even need to use a mixer or any other tool except your own fingers. Leave it on for a few seconds, massage your skin for a few minutes, then rinse with warm water. You can rinse with cold water too, if you can stand the cold, as it helps close the pores and gives your skin a healthy shiny look.
Last tips, for any kind of natural homemade scrub or face mask.
- If you choose to substitute any of the ingredients, because you may not find them, or it is not the right season for any of the fruits, do substitute them with banana [which you will smash], peaches, pear, or apple.
- If you do not like to use that much of an ingredient, you will have to also decrease the amount of other ingredients in the right portion. For example: for the first mask, if you use 1 tbs honey, you should use 1 tbs oatmeal and 1/2 tbs plain yogurt.
- Before putting on the mask, always cleanse your face, and wash it with warm water to open the pores.
- Rinse with cold water to close the pores.
- After you pat dry the face, do not forget to put on your favorite cream, and continue with your usual beauty routine.
© 2017 Ensorcelie