- Fashion and Beauty»
- Bath, Shower & Spa Treatments & Products
Homemade Coffee Scrub for Caffeine Addicts
Addicted to Coffee ~
Who am I? I have been known to have the aromatic notes of fruit, chocolate, spices, wine, tobacco, earth, flowers and ash.
Some adore me while others avoid me like the plague.
I love travelling and have made entire nations fall in love with, depend on me, use me and abuse me.
You give up?
Why I’m a coffee bean of course!
You may know me as your early morning wake up call.
Sure was it not thanks to me you met the love of your life as you bumped into each other in Starbucks that bitterly cold November day?
Well, I have been holding out on you because there is way more to me than meets the eye or the nose. Looks can be deceiving.
Coffee and Turmeric
Benefits of Coffee by Stephanie
- Health Benefits of Drinking Coffee - Good News for Caffeine Addicts
Good News for Caffeine addicts - Studies have shown that there are many health benefits to drinking coffee! Enjoy your coffee without guilt after you read about the many benefits of drinking coffee.
Hidden benefits of Coffee ~
If you are a coffee lover as I am and you are interested in beauty solutions, the good news is you can utilize coffee in different ways as it has hidden benefits for the skin.
Having heard about the amazing benefits of coffee on the skin I decided it was high time and long overdue I try it out for myself.
Benefits of Coffee on Skin ~
- Firms and Tightens Skin
- Full of Antioxidants
- Improves Cellulite
- Exfoliates Dead Skin Cells
- Brightens Skin
- Helps Black Spots in Acne Scars
- Eliminates Puffiness and Swelling
- Astringent Properties
- Energizing, Invigorating
Be Creative In The Kitchen ~
When I cook I love creating dishes by adding “a bit of this and a bit of that”, say a prayer and hope for the best!
Usually I am pretty lucky with not too many flops.
This recipe for my coffee scrub is a little like my cookery. The ingredients I used here are all pretty easy to find and some may be in your store cupboard already and to say it works is AN UNDERSTATEMENT.
It not only smells divine it leaves the skin feeling incredibly smooth, soft, toned and I swear my areas of cellulite are less noticeable with regular use.
I have added some alternatives in the Tips and Suggestions section too in case you have different preferences, allergies or fancy adding some essential oils.
Un Cappuccino Per Favore
Perfect Home Spa idea
Coffee Scrub ~
1 cup Ground Coffee Beans
1 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Coconut Oil
1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
1 tbsp Vanilla
1 tsp Cinnamon
Recycled or Mason Glass Jar
2 Metal or glass bowls
- Melt the coconut oil in a double boiler or in a bowl sitting over a saucepan of hot water.
- Allow to slightly cool but do not let it solidify.
- Add the dry ingredients into the other bowl, then the oil and vanilla, mixing together well to combine.
- Transfer your scrub into the container and secure tightly with lid.
- Keep it in the fridge for approximately 2-3 weeks.
- Before stepping into the shower take 2-3 tablespoons of scrub from the jar and pop it into a small container to bring into the shower.
- With the skin damp, apply the coffee scrub all over the hands, legs, body and feet paying particular attention to any cellulite or dry skin areas.
- Massage in gently in circular movements for a 3-4 minutes.
- Rinse off well, the sugar may stick a little so use a little shower gel or body wash.
- Pat the skin dry and apply some body lotion, cream, oil or butter.
- You may use this up to three times a week.
Cellulite or Orange Peel?
Coffee and Sugar Scrub
Tips and Suggestions ~
Use fresh coffee beans if possible however you can re-use coffee beans by allowing them dry out first. As they have been used the caffeine content is much lower and they may not be as beneficial, particularly for any cellulite.
If you prefer not to use cocoa powder or cinnamon then just leave them out.
Sugar may be white granulated sugar or brown sugar or do half and half.
If you wish you can use salt instead of sugar or do half sugar and half salt.
Vanilla extract gives a gorgeous warm fragrance to the scrub working well with coffee, coconut, cinnamon and chocolate. If you wish to substitute it you could use essential oils. Some great ones for cellulite are juniper and fennel. Other good choices are Rosemary, sage, lemon, cypress, grapefruit and lavender. Be adventurous and combine a few. Use between 10 – 20 drops.
Hanging onto jars of all shapes and sizes is a great way to recycle into cosmetic containers. Preserves, baby food, sauces and coffee are all perfect. Make sure to wash and sterilize thoroughly before re-using.
Food for Thought . . . .
There is so much satisfaction in making your very own beauty products, be it for you, your partner, children, friends or family.
With thousands of wonderful ingredients this planet provides, many of the commercial brands use a form of them, such are the benefits and coffee is one such powerhouse ingredient.
Does it not make sense to cut out the middleman (branded products) and go straight to the source?
"Creating health awareness through homemade beauty solutions"
Easy Coffee Scrub
More Addictive Scrubs ~
- Banana Scrub Recipe
Bananas may be used in a scrub recipe easily at home. Rich in antioxidants bananas are an excellent ingredient in face scrubs, body scrubs and much much more! If soft, smooth moisture rich skin appeals then do check this beneficial scrub out.
- Lip Scrub Recipe to Recondition Dry Lips
Do you suffer with dry or chapped lips? By doing a weekly homemade lip scrub will help recondition the lips restoring their natural beauty. Often neglected, our lips need help particularly in the winter months so help is on hand.
- Homemade Pineapple, Honey and Almond Exfoliating Fac...
Bring a taste of the tropics into your homemade skin care routine with fresh pineapple, sweet almond oil and honey.This gentle exfoliating scrub removes dead skin cells leaving our skin rejuvenated.
- Exfoliating Foot Scrub Recipe
An exfoliating foot scrub is a treatment all our feet need. Our feet often get forgotten but they need to be kept in tip top condition. A foot scrub is easy to make at home using natural ingredients.
- How to Make a Homemade Shower Gel Salt Scrub
Combining a shower gel and salt scrub together in one product is an easy to make skin care product. A Sea Salt shower gel scrub is suitable for all skin types and will greatly improve the texture, tone and clarity of your skin. Read on for recipes!
- How to Make Sugar Facial Scrub with a Tomato
Combining the exfoliating benefits of sugar and the antioxidant rich tomato is the ideal facial scrub to do at home. Exfoliating the skin is essential for soft, glowing and rejuvenated skin. To make this scrub at home only requires 2 ingredients.
Author Info ~
Information on the author, her bio and full body of works available @ Suzie HQ
Credit to sharkye11 ~
- Dividers on this page are used with permission from this source: Line Dividers To Enhance Webpages
© 2013 Suzanne Ridgeway