Homemade Jojoba Anti-Wrinkle Solution Recipe
Anti-Wrinkle Creams ~
When we hear anti-wrinkle or anti-aging skin care we may be under the illusion there is a magic solution in a skin care product.
Alas, there is nothing that will stop the aging process, which is a fact.
There are however, simple skin care products we can use on our face and body that will reduce the signs of aging and jojoba is one of these must have natural products we all should have in our homes.
Passion for Lotions & Potions
Business of Cosmetics ~
As a Beautician and Make Up Artist I have worked extensively within in the Cosmetic and beauty Industries for over 25 years both in Ireland and overseas.
I have worked for leading brands such as Revlon, Max Factor, Clarins, Trish McEvoy and Yves Saint Laurent selling, applying and learning the latest cosmetics.
The business of cosmetics is worldwide and a multi-million dollar earner for brands such as those I worked for.
It got me thinking; why not look at ways to utilize simple fresh ingredients free of chemicals, toxins and synthetic fragrance. Saving money is another great incentive to create your own mix of goodies. Cutting down does not have to mean cutting out.
Natural Cosmetics ~
Now I have come full circle, so to speak having developed a huge Interest in making bigger and better products using what many of us have accessible in our kitchens.
How to make cosmetic products is not difficult with many recipes now available. Check out my cucumber face wash, aromatherapy cleanser, olive oil moisturizer or sugar lip scrub to start your journey into natural cosmetics.
Using natural and organic fruits, vegetables, oils, nuts, oats, herbs and flowers are a handful of the types of skin enhancing giants I am referring to which all carry amazing benefits to our skin and health.
Jojoba is one of these and is particularly effective for mature aging skin to help minimize wrinkles and lines.
Simmondsis chinensis - Jojoba
Jojoba (pronounced ho-ho-ba) Oil stems from the Jojoba plant and is technically not oil but a liquid wax.
Known as Simmondsia chinensis, this plant may grow to 15 feet and is native to Mexico, California and the desert regions of Arizona.
Such are the extensive uses and benefits of this wonder oil, it has been successfully grown in desert or semi desert regions of Australia, Israel, Argentina, Peru, and The State of Palestine.
Distilled from the seeds of the Jojoba plant, the oil is extensively used within the beauty Industry in lotions, creams, shampoos and hair products to name a few.
Cocoa Butter and Jojoba Skin Productsis worth checking out for info, and recipes using these two skin loving ingredients.
Most Popular Products Using Jojoba Oil
- Facial Cleanser
- Anti-Aging Products
- Lip Gloss
- Lip Balm
- Body Oil
- Hand Cream
- Hair Conditioner
What Makes Jojoba Special?
Jojoba is one oil that is light in weight and the most similar to the sebum (or oil) of our own skin. This fact alone makes it easily absorbed into our skin which provides soft non greasy moisturized skin suitable for all skin types, even acne prone.
In fact it is a primary ingredient used within acne treatments because it may actually unclog the blocked pores and slow down the acne skin condition.
Due to its lack of odours and impurities, jojoba is a primary base oil used in many skin products such as cleansers, moisturizers and eye makeup removers for even the most sensitive of skins.
Unlike standard branded cosmetics and even some homemade ones, jojoba products do not turn rancid as fast.
It is claimed that the anti-inflammatory ingredient in jojoba that is called Myristic Acid has benefits to arthritis and rheumatism when applied topically.
Another great quality of jojoba oil is it contains a compound called Ferulic Acid which absorbs the ultraviolet light from the sun which can cause changes to skin pigmentation and wrinkles. More research is continuing in this area to determine the levels of protection.
Oil of Jojoba
Anti-Wrinkle Recipe ~
Frankincense is a fantastic natural cell rejuvenator and therefore particularly beneficial to mature skin in smoothing out wrinkles. It gives a new lease of life to aging skin by helping to minimize the appearance of wrinkles and makes an ideal ingredient for homemade moisturizers.
Jojoba being so similar to the skin’s natural oil will moisturize and penetrate the skin without blocking the pores. Jojoba Oil is one of the most effective skin balancing lubricants there is.
1 tsp Jojoba Oil
1-2 tsp Frankincense Essential Oil
- Mix the 2 oils together in a small bowl.
- Cleanse the skin thoroughly, removing any makeup.
- Apply skin toner or splash the skin with lukewarm water to remove any residue left from cleanser.
- Apply your anti-wrinkle solution with a clean brush or with finger tips, avoiding the delicate eye area. You are better to use the next Jojoba Oil recipe, specifically for this area.
- Leave on the skin and do not remove.
- Apply your moisturizer by using an easy facial massage on yourself. This not only feels wonderful but is an anti-aging treatment in itself.
Jojoba for Skin, Hair and Nails
Great Uses for Jojoba Oil
- Ten Uses of Jojoba Oil
Jojoba oil is an excellent solution to dry skin and hair. It blends well with creams, conditioners and other oils.
DIY Organic Eye Cream With Jojoba Oil
Mountain Rose Herbs
Eye Cream Recipe ~
Rosehip Seed Oil is a phenomenal anti-aging skin product. Containing vitamin A it helps delay the signs of skin aging. This oil promotes collagen and elastin levels in the skin which result in smoother firmer skin in a more youthful looking skin.
Carrot-Seed Oil is high in carotene and is known for its skin rejuvenating properties. It is excellent for dull, pallid and stressed skin and is often used in a wide selection of beauty products.
Apricot kernel Oil is light oil that helps retain the skin elasticity, suppleness and clarity. Similar to jojoba oil it absorbs easily into the skin and does not leave a greasy film on the surface.
Rosewater may be bought or is easily made at home. Rich in antioxidants rosewater helps strengthen skin cells and regenerate skin tissue. It is soothing, moisturizing and gentle on the skin. To make your own, check out my rosewater and lemon cleanser recipe.
Beeswax is an important natural ingredient in skin care and often used in a wide variety of cosmetic products. Rich in vitamin A, It aids in skin cell renewal, softens heals and re-hydrates dry skin.
3 tsp Jojoba Oil
3 tsp Rosehip Seed Oil
3 tsp Apricot Kernel Oil
5 drops Carrot-Seed Essential Oil
5 tsp Rosewater
11/2 tsp Beeswax Pastilles
You Will Need:
A small sterile 2.5oz container (lip balm, or lip gloss ones are perfect)
Plastic disposable spatula or Q-tip
- Place the jojoba, rosehip seed, beeswax and apricot kernel oil into the double boiler and heat gently to melt.
- Stir well to combine the ingredients and remove from the heat when fully melted.
- Add the remaining ingredients slowly, mix well in-between.
- Allow to cool slightly before transferring to your small container.
- Place in the fridge to set.
- Keep in the fridge in-between use.
- This eye-cream may be used morning at night.
- Using a plastic spatula remove a small amount and put on the back of your hand.
- With your ring finger apply tiny dots under the eye, the outer corner of the eye and a tiny amount under the eyebrows.
- Instead of rubbing in vigorously, gently pat the cream in with your ring finger. Work from the inside of the eye outwards. This not only applies your cream but stimulates the eye area by incorporating a facial massage technique. It helps eliminate toxins, increase blood flow and improve skin tone.
- This luxurious eye cream is so much better than a store bought one and you know exactly what has gone into it.
- This makes an ideal gift for a family member or friend.
Have you used Jojoba before in skincare?
Further Beauty from The Author ~
Author Info ~
Information on the author, her bio and full body of works available @Suzie HQ
Credit to homesteadbound ~
All dividers used in this hub are used with permission granted on hub, Creating Dividers to Use on Your Hubs