- Fashion and Beauty»
- Skin Care»
- Facial Skin Care
How To Make A Facial Mask With Coffee And Cocoa
Coffee And Cocoa Facial Mask
Cocoa And Coffee Facial Mask Recipe
This is a Cocoa And Coffee Facial Mask Recipe you can make at home - it's one of those inexpensive DIY ideas that helps you feel like a million dollars!
I know how much I love the aroma of fresh ground coffee and I adore the taste of a rich chocolate. Well, okay, who doesn't love those two things? Some people say that chocolate isn't good for you, but come on, cocoa grows on trees, so it's counts as salad! I think I got my point across, right?
Even more than how delicious cocoa is, there are a lot of health benefits we can get from it. Those benefits help us internally and externally as well. Cocoa contains antioxidants and we all know how they fight free radicals and help us keep younger looking. It is said that cocoa has anti-aging and rejuvenation properties.
Cocoa, in it's raw state, has several compounds that contribute to the well being of the body.
- Arginine is a natural aphrodisiac
- Anandamide is a substance that causes a state of euphoria
- Tryptophan serves as an antidepressant, and it has certain neurotransmitters that stimulate and balance the brain activity.
- Epicatecina-galato, a compound found in cocoa, actually a flavanol, helps to increase the relaxation capacity of the blood vessels. This is also found in red wine, green tea and grapefruit juice, and as of late, these things have been recommended in moderation for the prevention of heart disease and keeping cholesterol under control.
- Magnesium is another ingredient found in cocoa. Magnesium helps our heart to more efficiently pump blood. It helps to strengthen our bones and it also can help to lower our blood pressure. I wonder if it's because of the magnesium, a mineral with calming properties, that a craving for chocolate is such a common event among women when they have their periods.
And what about coffee? Coffee is also good for your skin, did you know that?
- Coffee is another source of antioxidants.
- Coffee soothes your skin.
- It can protect against the suns rays.
- Coffee also can help to increase your blood's circulation.
Read the ingredient list and look at the pictures. You will find your list of supplies under the pictures...so read this page over and then you can make your own face mask!
Step 1 Making Your Homemade Coffee And Cocoa Facial
Step 2 Of Your Facial Mask Tutorial
Step 3 Of Your Homemade Facial Mask
Finished Facial Mask
Now we can understand why this combination of cocoa and coffee makes a wonderful facial mask. You might even have the ingredients in your home already.
Here's What You’ll Need:
- 4 tablespoons ground espresso or coffee
- 4 tablespoons raw unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 8 tablespoons whole milk
- A spoon or whisk to mix your mask
- A bowl
- A Towel
- Moisturizer to finish with
Mix the cocoa and coffee in a bowl
Pour in the milk and stir well
Add the honey and mix until your mask is smooth and creamy
Time For Your Facial
Pull your hair back.
Apply the mixture to your face and your neck.
Let it dry.
Once it's dry you can press a warm towel ( Not too hot, you don't want burn yourself!) to your face to help soften the mask. This will make it easier to remove.
Rinse your face and neck well with warm water until all the mask is removed.
Apply some of your favorite facial moisturizer.
Now relax and enjoy your soft, glowing skin!
Coffee And Cocoa Facial How To
Benefits Of Coffee In Your Facial Mask
Why should you use coffee as an ingredient in your face mask?
- Coffee is loaded with antioxidants.
- It can reduce puffiness in the eye area.
- It can exfoliate your skin.
- Caffeine anti-inflammatory properties.
Benefits Of Cocoa In Your Facial Mask
Cocoa is not only delicious to drink, it can also be good for your skin.
- Cocoa beans contain polyphenols which are very high in the antioxidants flavonoids, procyanidin, and resveratrol.
- Arginine is found in Cocoa.
- Anandamide is in there too
- Magnesium is another helpful ingredient found in cocoa.
I've talked about these things in the beginning of this article and mentioned what's so good about them.
- How To Make A Natural Skin Cleanser For Sensitive Skin
This DIY natural skin cleanser tutorial will help you save money and have great looking skin. This homemade skin cleanser is perfect for sensitive skin and it's works for both men and women.
- How To Make An Egg White And Yogurt Facial Mask
DIY Egg White And Yogurt Facial Mask Recipe - step by step instructions tell you how to make a facial mask using simple ingredients found in your home. Make it yourself and save lots of money!