- Fashion and Beauty»
- Hairstyles, Cool Cuts, How to Style Your Hair»
- Hairstyles For Women
How To Make A Stylish Updo With Long Hair
An Updo Made Easy
Some people who have long hair grow frustrated with hair styling and often many just give up and whack it off.
The main frustration is creating a beautiful updo for formal occasions or just everyday out of the way fashion.
Maybe you're afraid it will look old-fashioned or blah so you run to the parlor and pay big bucks to let a professional wrestle with your locks, only to go straight home and take it down after seeing the beehive-like horror in the mirror.
Most hairstylist are accustomed to short hair and those of us with really long hair have got to come up with our own beauty solutions that work for us.
The Hidden Hair Updo
The Hidden Hair Updo will allow you a temporary sense of freedom from your long hair, yet still creates a gorgeous look that can only come from having long hair.
- Wash your hair with a well name brand product with moisturising conditioner.
- Dry and completely brush out all the tangles.
- Create a side part and leave bonus hair loose to pin back later.
- If you would rather have long dangling curls pull out long even semi-thick strands by the forehead and midway above the ear. Behind the lower ear pull strand that will dangle to your shoulders. ( This look is nice for formal )
- Take the rest of your hair and hold it up like your putting a ponytail only start wrapping tightly to create a large bun.
- Don't finish the bun, leave around six to 10 inches of hair and poke it under the bun. Feel until you find the center area of the bun and poke the excess hair completely through, pushing down on the bun to secure tightness.
- Take a claw hair clip and secure bun or use several large hair pins all the way around the bun ( may need a few pens even with claw clip).
- You will have your spout of hair sticking out the top. Heat up hot curlers and separate small strands and curl it all up to the bun. Meanwhile you can start either pinning the side part down or start curling the long strands ( the strands can be curled with a curling iron or hot sticks)
- For a more stiff curl pre-mousse your hair
- After curls set, for a big curly look pull all the curls apart and fluff, pinning randomly to secure.
- For a tight curl look, arrange curls and pin down several places until secure and neatly arranged.
- Either way cover the bun completely until hidden ( Some people will wonder how you ever got that much hair to look so small).
- Spray your hair heavily, but not too much with an instant freeze hairspray. I recommend TRESemme extra hold (it's the right kind of stiff you will want).
- I also recommend Conair Hot Sticks for easy, yet perfect curling pleasure. This brand creates gorgeous flawless curls for long hair. Note:Using these curlers can give you a beautiful look with your hair down as well.
- Don't forget hair accessories: A classy headband looks good with the side-part look and jeweled pins, clips or combs look romantic with the dangling curl look.
- You can also pull all the curls to the front and pin to your head, then flip and slightly secure leaving all the curls cascading loosely down bumping your neck. Be sure and spray the ends because they are holding against gravity.
- If you want to avoid curling or you have permed hair, create this updo while hair is damp, mousse and scrunch hair, pin to secure. This looks good with pulling small amounts of side hairs and leaving them straight or slightly curled. If you leave them straight, spray and shape nicely.
The exciting benefits of the Hidden Hair technique (besides being easy and time efficient) is that you can create your own unique style that fits you. "Leave out whatever excess hair it takes to create the ultimate styling desire. If you want it small, don't leave out so much, if you want it big or you are trying to create the rolled hair look like on the bottom picture, then leave out plenty of hair."
The bun just gets your extra long hair out of the way. This hair style satisfies and when it gets old you can take it down and show off your long luscious locks again.
"So instead of crying in regret after you chopped off years of hair growth that you pampered to the hilt, just give yourself an updo break, then go back to being the envy of everyone and flaunt your glory, your beautiful long hair." http://hubpages.com/hub/MY-LONG-HAIR-JOURNEYPICSSTORY