How To Make Lip Scrub And Lip Balm
You may be spending some money buying stuffs where in fact you can make at home or maybe, sell. I am fond of searching some things how it is made and I find this interesting since I like fashion and natural beauty.
Here is how I made my best ever lip scrub without spending too much on the ingredients.
1. How to make Lip Scrub
2 tbsp Olive oil or coconut oil (EVOO/VCO is good)
2 tbsp Sugar (white or brown)
Food Color (red or preferred color)
Add: small container(s)
Note: Try to make for less quantity before making more of it.
1. Mix olive oil and sugar in a small bowl thoroughly.
2. Add a little bit of food color to make it pink or red in color.
3. Place it in a small container with tight caps.
How to Use:
Dab an amount to scrub your lips. Rinse with warm water. Use it three times a week or whenever you want. You will notice softer lips after the first use.
Why Olive Oil?
Olive oil is a very good moisturizer, especially when you use Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Virgin Coconut Oil also is good and much cheaper than olive oil. But, they have the same effect to skin or lip mucosa.
It is a good skin exfoliator.
2. How to make Lip Balm
Lip Balms are good lip moisturizer and acts as protection from being chapped. It can be use as a lipstick base. Using products that are natural or made from organic ingredients are better than using products with lots of chemicals.
I am sharing my simple recipe on how to make a Lip Balm. Once you know how it is made, you will know how to twist the recipe.
1 tbsp Olive Oil (EVOO)
1 tbsp Bees Wax
1 tbsp Cocoa Butter
1 tbsp Honey (optional)
Mica Pigment for tint (optional)
1. Measure the ingredients. A good rule is don't put too much oil than the others to make your balm a little bit hard and to not easily melt.
2. Place all the ingredients in a small pan. Heat on low fire until it melts.
3. Put some mica pigment, then mixed. As an alternative, I used red mineral powder blush and just a little bit powder to make my lip balm red in color. However, it turned out pink because I put a little amount only. So, it is better to use mica pigment or if it is not available you can just leave it for a natural tinted lip balm.
4. Once it melted already, pour on small containers for your future use. CAUTION: It is hot.
5. Let it cool and dry.