How To Reduce Pimple Redness Fast
There’s nothing like the pimple redness to get in the way of looking your best, especially when you have a special occasion to go to or you are planning to impress people. Even when you have on an amazing outfit and you’re having a good hair day, having that obvious red pimple will surely dampen your spirits. Sometimes it is not enough to just use a simple concealer to cover it up. You need to be aware of how to reduce pimple redness fast.
What Pimples on Different Parts of Your Face and Body Mean - learn why pimples are attacking same part of your face or body.
How to Get Rid of Acne and Breakouts - 5 simple tips to get rid of acne and breakouts forever.
14 Best Homemade Acne Treatments - treat pimples with these natural remedies.
The sure way to remove acne redness is to treat the inflammation from within. Here is a number of home remedies that you can apply:
- Toothpaste. You can dab on just the right amount of toothpaste on the pimple as this is known to have a cooling effect that can lessen the redness. Leave it overnight for a maximum effect, and wash it off the next day with a gentle cleanser. This is effective because it has silica that can dry the pimple. Make sure not to use the gel type as it does not have the same effect. Also avoid toothpaste that contains fluoride or menthol. Such ingredients can worsen the condition and even lead to more breakouts.
- Aspirin. Since aspirin contains salicylic acid, it is good in clearing pimples and reducing the redness. Just break the aspirin into several parts and mix with some water. You can also use aspirin powder in the same way. Apply the pasty blend onto the pimple and put on a plaster. You should let it be for about thirty minutes. Afterward, rinse the area with warm water.
- Ice. Ice is known to reduce inflammation. It is therefore also applicable on the redness of a pimple. However, you should make sure to wrap the ice in a towel or cloth in order to avoid burning the skin. Leave the ice on the area for around ten minutes to constrict the blood vessels and lessen the swelling.
- Eye drops. You may also opt to use eye drops that contain tetrahydrozoline hydrochloride. This component is quite effectual in taking away acne redness swiftly. Soak some cotton buds in this solution and place in the freezer overnight. The next day, simply place one on your pimple. Keep doing so until the eye drop liquid is absorbed into the skin enough to reduce pimple redness.
- Witch hazel. This plant is often used as an astringent, temporarily toning the skin. Using witch hazel will not treat your acne, but it will soothe irritated skin and help minimize the redness of the pimple. Try to purchase witch hazel without alcohol, as alcohol will dry out and irritate skin.
- Soaked tea bag. Soak a tea bag (black tea is the best) in warm water for a minute. Take it out and squeeze the liquid from the bag. Wait for the tea bag to cool down and place it on top of the pimple. Tea bags contain tannins which help reduce swelling.
Avoiding Further Irritation
Even if you are successful in reducing the redness, you should also go for healing the pimple fast by avoiding further irritation. You can do this by not touching the pimple with your hands or scratching and squeezing it. Also be sure to choose your cosmetics well. They have to be hypoallergenic and water-based in order not to aggravate the skin condition.
You may also apply a spot treatment cream that is especially made to fight pimples. Often these creams contain sulfur, salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. Such ingredients can certainly destroy the bacteria and protect surrounding area from breakouts.