- Fashion and Beauty»
- Skin Care»
- Facial Skin Care»
- Acne, Pimples & Blackheads
How To Remove Dark Spots On The Face
Instead of using heavy makeup that can make you look older, or subjecting your skin to laser treatments and chemical peels there are some natural methods that can remove dark spots from your face. These natural skin lighteners will not only help give you an even skin tone, but also improve your overall appearance. These treatments are safe and easy, and can be done in the privacy of your home. Here are some tips on how to remove dark spots on the face.
How To Remove Dark Spots On The Face
1. Lemon juice is a natural skin lightener, since it contains citric acid. Simply cut and squeeze the juice from the fresh fruit, and apply it to the freckles and dark spots. Once the juice has dried, simply rinse your face with cool water. With repeated applications, women should begin to notice the dark spots fading as their skin becomes more evenly toned.
2. Along with using the lemon juice to lighten individual dark spots, women can also make a skin lightening facial scrub from the yellow fruit. After slicing a lemon in half, and removing the seeds, pour a small amount of granulated sugar into a small bowl. After dipping the section of fruit in the sugar, rub the sweetened half on the area of your face you want lightened. The sugar will exfoliate the dead skins cells that can cause skin to darken, while the citric acid in the lemon works to naturally lighten the dark spots.
3. Castor oil and Aloe Vera can both bleach dark spots on the skin, and also help to keep any dry areas hydrated and moisturized. After rubbing into the affected skin for several weeks, you will notice your dark spots have almost been erased.
4. One of the best natural skin lighteners is sour cream or milk, which have shown to be able to erase dark spots and freckles. After letting dry, simply rinse the mixture off. Most women begin noticing a difference in the skin tone in less than two months.
There are several other natural ingredients that work as natural skin lighteners including cucumber juice, turmeric, papaya and even tomato juice. Simply dab onto the dark spots and let dry, before washing your face with water.
Other Natural Ways to Remove Dark Spots
Along with dabbing the unwanted dark spots, there are also natural face masks that can be easily made at home. When combined with other tips, you will see a difference in your skin tone, while also getting a healthy glow. Some of the more effective masks include,
1. Sandalwood powder mixed with milk or rose water and glycerin can hydrate dry skin and remove dark spots caused by age or sun damage. You can also use honey which also improves skin coloration. Once the mask has dried, simply rinse your face and pat dry.
2. Sugar can be used to exfoliate dead skin cells that can cause dark spots and uneven skin tone, and it particularly effective when it is combined with the whitening properties of honey. Not only can this scrubbing face mask remove dark spots, it can also help to diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Preventing Dark Spots on the Face
The best way to treat dark spots on the face is to prevent them from occurring. Vitamins E and C can help protect the delicate tissue from sun damage which often results in the formation of dark spots. Vitamin E can be applied directly to the face, to help even skin tone and protect it from further damage. When you increase the amount of vitamin C in your diet, it helps to promote the growth of healthy melanin. This will also help to remove dark spots and give you a smooth and even complexion.
While preventing dark spots is the best way to treat them, when they do occur there are natural ways to help diminish their appearance. Natural skin lighteners can give you an even skin tone, while also helping to erase embarrassing dark spots. With continual use, these natural ingredients can give you younger looking skin without freckles or dark spots.