- Fashion and Beauty»
- Hairstyles, Cool Cuts, How to Style Your Hair
How To Sew In Hair Weave
Sewing in hair weave really isn't that hard. It is a matter of technique. The biggest problem I have with a tacky weave job is when I see someone with a hair weave and I really can tell it is not the person's real hair. The hair is a different texture and color than the natural hair. If you can weave a head of hair that looks natural then you will have accomplished what you were supposed to.There are simple steps that can be taken to make a person's hair looks professionally done even if using a professional can not be afforded. If you know how to hem a pair of pants sewing in a piece of hair weave is not too hard.
Things you will need:
hair weave thread
very large needles
(curved or straight)
The first thing you need to do is make sure you are working with a clean head of hair and the hair you purchase is same color hair as your natural hair unless you are putting in highlights.
1. To get started you need to do is determine where you want the weave and how you want to style the hair. The second thing you need to do is start placing your braids in the appropriate places. Make sure you sew down the ends of any braids that are too long. If you or the person's hair you are doing is too short to put in braids then you will need to use a different technique for making wefts. Wefts are the foundation that you will be sewing the hair on.
2. There are different ways to do this but you will need to make a weft out of thread sewn onto the real hair. To achieve this, part the hair just as you would if you were braiding the hair. Take a threaded needle and grip the hair starting at either end. Put a little tension on the hair that is not braided and begin sewing as if you are hemming the hair all the way across but you want to sew the stitches close enough that you create a stable stiff platform to sew the hair on. Another way to achieve such a thing is to get a thin piece of synthetic hair, enough to make a braid and braid it into the hair. You can sew on top of the braid if you like.
3. Now you are ready to weave in the hair. Make sure you have several needles if you will put a lot of weave in the hair. Before you start, thread them all. Try not to thread them too short or too long.
4. Next measure and cut the hair placing the hair equal to your braids and leaving an extra half an inch before cutting just to make sure the weave hair does not come out too short.
Start from one end preferably the left end. On each end reinforce your thread at lease three times or more. Now let's think about how you would hem a pair of pants. Instead of just taking the thread and sticking the needle in and back out of each area, you will need to make a loop with your fingers to lock each stitch. What you will need to do to achieve this is to go back an pull your needle through each stitch. When you start to run out of thread on one needle, make sure you leave enough thread to tie about three knots at the end and cut the thread not too close to the knot to prevent the knot from coming lose. Just continue until you have sewn all of your pieces in and style the hair as desired.
Make sure no one can see the wefts or tracks.
If the braids are too large the weave will not be smooth-it will be bumpy.
Try not to put too much tension around the hairline-this causes breakage.
If you are a person that is tender headed your braids do not need to be too tight.
If you are a person that is tender headed the weave should not be sewn in too tight.
If you will want to wear a pony tail with your hair weave, leave about an inch of hair not braided out around the entire hairline.
If you are a person concerned about cutting your own hair when taking your weave out-use a thread one shade lighter than your real hair.
Wearing hair weave has a lot of advantages. The styles are easy to maintain. Hair weave allows you to give your hair a break from harsh chemicals and heat from hot curling. A person can achieve a look that they can not wear on their natural hair and looks can be changed as often as a person likes. The down side is that wearing hair weave can be very expensive but with the right tips, tools, and training you can achieve just about any look that anyone else can.