How to anti age your eyes
How Your Eyes Age
The area around the eyes, is one of the first places on your face to start ageing. What are the main causes of premature aging eyes? Can we really do anything about puffiness, bags, sagging, dark circles and wrinkles? The area around the eyes is more prone to ageing, therefore the skin around the eyes is 40% thinner making your eyes more exposed to environmental damage, and the first place to age early on. The area around the eyes is the only place not to have a lipidic film (skin barrier).
Now that we've ascertained that the eye area is really delicate and bound to age with time, how many lines are caused by lifestyle, genetics, sun damage or even facial expressions? Other factors may be to do with lack of sleep, dehydration, poor nutrition, blinking, squinting, smiling and rubbing all lead to wrinkles. Genetics decide the skin type you will acquire and how your skin will respond in the long run. Fair skin will be more affected by sun damage and wrinkles, lines and uneven skin tone. Eye bags are inherited, and those people who have them will see an increase in their ageing process as early as their thirties.
What response can we take to manage this process of ageing more effectively? Products aimed at this particular area will help minimize the onset of wrinkles, but in time wrinkles will become a certainty.
Plastic surgery is one route a lot of women may decide to take. Simple changes in lifestyle, offer a cheaper less evasive way of managing those annoying wrinkles. Start by getting a good nights sleep, healthier diet and drinking plenty of water to decrease dark circles and puffiness. Keep away from salty foods, as this leads to fluid retention and puffiness.
Tips to Beat Ageing Eyes
- Refrain from smoking, wear sunblock and sunglasses as much as you can, moisturise regularly.
- Too much rubbing while applying cream can be damaging, alternatively try dabbing small spots around the eye and gently patting with a light pressure.
- A low-sodium diet, regular exercise and lymphatic drainage massage around the eye will help reduce puffiness.
- Sleeping between the hours of 10 pm-7 am.
- Concealer should be applied to the inner under-eye area, never the outer part, as this will prevent the concealer caking in the creases and enhancing laughter lines.
Click here for more information about skin care.
© 2010 Helen Bolam