- Fashion and Beauty
How to Apply Jojoba Oil on Dry Hair
Jojoba oil is a great option as a treatment for dry hair because it is completely natural and chemically very similar to the natural oils found in hair and skin. Jojoba oil is easily absorbed and does not leave a greasy residue. You'll be sure to notice a difference in the health of your hair after doing one deep conditioning treatment with jojoba oil. Use jojoba oil whenever you condition your hair to reduce frizzies, and to smooth and strengthen hair.
The Benefits of Jojoba Oil for Hair
Jojoba oil is full of many nutritional compounds that makes is very popular in beauty products today. It is used especially for softening the skin and hair. Because of its wax-like composition, jojoba oil helps to protect hair from damage and grime while locking in moisture. It is considered and natural anti-inflammatory and antioxidant.
Jojoba is a unique oil in that it is remarkably similar to the natural oils produced by the hair and skin. For this reason, it is easily absorbed and non-greasy. It contains long-chain essential fatty acids
Jojoba oil is full of B complex vitamins, vitamin E and minerals such as chromium, copper, zinc and silicone. It has recently started become more popular to put jojoba oil in hair products as it is helps to smooth and shine dull and dry hair.
Jojoba Oil for Daily Use
Using jojoba oil every day will help protect dry and damaged hair from because more damaged or breaking. It will add shine and smooth out dry hair. However, there are few different techniques you'll want to try to prevent using too much oil, which will cause your hair to look more greasy than shiny. Try any of these tips and continue to use which you feel works for you.
- After you shampoo your hair, mix a few drops of jojoba oil into your conditioner. Massage into your hair and scalp like usual. Allow to sit for a few minutes before rinsing thoroughly.
- Massage a few drops of oil into damp hair. Smoothing it through start at the ends and working your way to the roots. Using the oil on damp hair will help to prevent your hair from looking greasy, which is easy to do if you apply the oil when your hair is dry.
- You can make your own smoothing serum with jojoba oil by mixing 1 tsp oil with 1 cup water and putting the mixture into a squirt bottle. Use is on damp hair before blow drying or styling your hair. Reapply to dry hair as needed to smooth fly-aways and frizzies or for touch-ups throughout the day.
Tips on Buying Jojoba Oil
When searching for the right jojoba oil to buy, make sure you get 100% pure jojoba oil. The oil works wonders on it's own and does not need any extra additives or preservatives. If you can find one that is unrefined and cold-pressed, even better. The less the oil is messed with throughout production, the more of it's skin-nurturing properties will be preserved. Pure jojoba oil should be a light golden color with a light, slightly nutty scent.
Deep Conditioning Jojoba Oil Dry Hair Treatment
You can make a deep conditioning treatment for your hair several times a month to give it an extra boost of nourishment. For a deep conditioning treatment, all you need to do is:
- Apply jojoba oil to dry or damp hair, small amounts at a time, taking time to thoroughly saturate the hair.
- Spend some extra time massaging the oil into your scalp to heal and prevent dryness and dandruff.
- For damaged ends, smooth a few drops of oil into the ends and smooth with your hands several times.
- Allow the oil to sit for at least 10 minutes.
- To get the oil to really penetrate deep, wrap a damp, warm towel around your hair to open pores and follicles to really allow the oil to work. A steaming towel is best, but not too hot that it's uncomfortable!
- Finally, rinse the hair with a gentle shampoo and condition as usual.
- Rub your fingers through your hair and feel the difference!
Jojoba to Prevent Dandruff
Jojoba oil is effective at moisturizing and cleansing. Massage jojoba oil into your scalp will help to clean our excessive oil build up and moisturize your scalp, preventing dandruff. Do a deep conditioning treatment with jojoba oil several times a month to keep your scalp in optimal health. If you have problems with dandruff or build-up in your hair, make sure you spend extra time massaging the oil into your scalp during your deep conditioning treatments.
Use jojoba oil for your dry hair frequently and I'm sure you will notice a difference! Let me know if jojoba oil has worked for your dry hair, I always love to hear from you!