- Fashion and Beauty»
- Makeup & Cosmetics
How to Get Well-defined Eyes: Top Kajal Application Tips
A kajal or kohl eyeliner is one of the most important items in a woman’s vanity kit. I, for one, can’t imagine stepping out of my house without highlighting my eyes with a bit of kajal. I think kajal or kohl eyeliners are much better than liquid or gel-based eyeliners. They do not smudge, are easy to apply and most of them come in sleek tubes or as pencils which are convenient to carry about. Featuring a smooth, creamy texture, kohl eyeliners move easily over your lash lines, giving you perfect, smudge-free lines. Nowadays, you even get kajal eyeliners that are enriched with specials vitamins and minerals that nourish and moisturize your eyes. When it comes to colour choices, there are a range of options to choose from. From, black, blue and purple to brown, green, white and gold, you’re sure to find one that is perfect for your eye colour!
3 Simple Steps to Get your Lines Right:
1. To begin with, ensure that your eyelids, under eye area and the area surrounding your eyes are crease-free, smooth and devoid or marks and dark circles. To achieve this, apply concealer under your eyes and primer on your eyelids. The primer will smoothen out creases, prevent smudging and improve the staying power of your kajal.
2. When it comes to applying kajal, the technique you employ plays a big role in kind of end result you will achieve. To get a perfect line, the trick is to hold your eyelids as taut as you can. Close your eyes and now hold your lids in place by pressing a finger over your eyelashes. Now, start applying kajal from the inner corner of your eyes and move outwards. As you move towards the outer corner or your eye, increase the thickness of your line. When applying kajal to your lower lash line, gently pull down your under eye area so that you’re waterline is exposed. Now, apply a fine line of kajal. Instead of on your waterline, you can also choose to apply kajal on the rim of your lower lash line.
3. Now, that you’re done with the most important parts of the application process, you can focus your attention on taking steps to increase the staying power of your kajal and prevent it from smudging. To intensify the colour of your kajal, dip it in black gel liner before applying it on your eyes. This will help you enjoy rich, smudge-free colour for hours.
Although most kohl eyeliners claim to be smudge-free, and are so, you can still take some precautions if you know you’re going to have a very hectic day outdoors or if you stand the risk of getting drenched, or tearing up. To prevent your kajal from smudging, apply brown/ black eye shadow or compact just below the waterline.
Well, my rantings end here. Hope these tips prove to be useful for you. However, there might be eyeliner professionals out there who can pride themselves on the steadyness of their hands and the straightness of their lines. If you are one, what special techniques do you employ to get perfectly-lined eyes? Share them with me in the comments section below.
For more comprehensive articles on the best way to apply kajal, check out these posts:
- How To Apply Kajal: Tips & Tricks Every Girl Must Know » InstaGlam
Get tips on how to choose the right kajal, apply it the right way and a bonus section on interesting kajal styles to try out! Read now!
- Picture Perfect Eyes! How to Apply Eyeliner According To Your Eye Shape
So much has been said about eyes. It is considered to be the most expressive feature on your face. However, not all of us have identically shaped eyes. To learn how to apply eyeliner that complements your eye shape, read this article