- Fashion and Beauty»
- Makeup & Cosmetics
How to Depot Your Eyeshadows and Other Face Powders
Do your eyeshadows, blushes, bronzers, and other assorted face powders take up too much space in your bedroom or bathroom? Do you wish there was a way to keep them all organized better? Maybe its time to depot!
- An Eyeshadow or Eyeshadow Palette
- A Heat Source (Optional), Oven, Stove Top, Candle, etc
- A Prying Tool, Knife, Screwdriver, etc
- Alcohol or Other Sanitizing Solution
- Select an eyeshadow you wish to depot and remove the outer casing if it has one. You can do this by prying at the seam with a knife or other slender tool.
- Place the eyeshadow on or in your heat source. Keep a close eye on it. When the plastic begins to pull away from the pan remove it from the heat source. Be careful as it will now be extremely hot.
- Use your prying tool to remove the pan from the plastic and set it aside to cool. Ta da!
- (Optional): Once it is cool, take your alcohol and remove the glue from the underside of the pan.
How To DePot Your Eyeshadows (Oven Method)
How To Depot Your Eyeshadows (Candle Method)
How To Depot Your Eyeshadows (No Heat Method)
- It is also possible to remove eyeshadows without heat as the next video explains.
- Be careful not to force the pan from the plastic container as you may break the eyeshadow. Fortunately, you can fix broken eyeshadows.
- This works for any brand of eyeshadow, not just MAC. This also works for blushes, bronzers, and other face powders you wish to depot.
- After depotting, you may wish to place the eyeshadow into a palette.