How to Dress According to Your Body Type
It's hard to find a lady who would be completely satisfied with her body. Most of us envy the celebrities and sigh when look in the mirror. In fact, in order to look good, one doesn't have to have a perfect body. The trick is to hide the body parts you don't like, and emphasize your advantages. None of us is perfect (even the celebrities), so in order to look great we need to distract attention from our obvious shortcomings.
It is also important to dress in a way so that your look is complete from head to toe, not as a collection of different parts. First of all, the eye is directed to a place where there is a break in lines of the body, the difference in proportion or color. So, if your shirt or jacket ends in the widest part of your hips... guess?... Your hips will look huge. And if the shirt or jacket ends a little higher, say at the level of the thigh-bone, the eye will focus on this slimmer part of the body.
Disproportionate clothing also attracts attention and does not flatter you. It both looks strange - a tiny lady wearing a huge sweater with too long sleeves, and a curvy one in a too tight outfit. Besides, we should not forget about the integrity of the image. Anything that does not go well with the rest, will strike the eye and ruin the overall impression of the outfit. Many things can be very good by themselves, but you should not combine the fabrics of different quality and incompatible colors in one outfit.
To dress properly means not only hiding things you don't like, but also emphasizing the advantages of your body. The smallest detail can change everything. For example, the neckline. Lower or wider neckline will make your neck look longer and face slimmer. If your neck is longer, the whole body will look thinner.
Another little trick - slightly unbuttoned shirt. Most women button shirts and blouses from top to bottom, the fabric wrinkles on the fullest parts of the body and attracts unwanted attention. Unbutton a couple of buttons, and the whole upper body will look a lot thinner.
Here are 5 enemies that will spoil even the perfect body
1. Wrong bra. Your shirt will never fit perfect if you're wearing too tight or too loose bra. The bra should support your breast and be exactly your size.
2. Wrong neckline. When the neckline is too small, the whole upper body seems chunky. V-necks suit most people. Don't be afraid to experiment and find the neckline that suits you best.
3. Wrong belt. The belt of a wrong width will make your waist and hips visually bigger than they are. Too look slimmer, better choose a wider belt. However wide belts don't suit people with short upper body.
4. Wrong shoes. Shoes should be in harmony with the rest of your outfit. Avoid too massive or too open shoes. Be also careful with sandals that have strings crossed at the ankles. Such sandals make calves look bigger in most of women.
5. Short pants. The surest way to visually shorten the legs. Ideally pants should slightly cover the heels.