- Fashion and Beauty»
- Women's Hygiene
How to Enhance Your Natural Beauty
Natural beauty means the looks that you were born with. It is tantamount to loving yourself the way a mother does, the face she will always love.
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. No matter what you do to yourself, you will look beautiful to some people and not to others. Defining beauty is purely subjective. So instead of getting enslaved by how the media defines it, why not enhance what you naturally have?
Here are tips how to enhance your natural beauty:
1) Sleep - Get enough sleep, it goes hand in hand with beauty. Common things you avoid with lack of sleep are the eye-bags and dark circles around your eyes.
2) Exercise for natural glow - It is not only strengthening your aging muscles but you also improve your blood circulation that gives color to your face.
Your brain releases endorphin chemicals when you exercise. The secretion of endorphins in your brain makes you feel happy. Happy people naturally looks beautiful.
3) Be confident - Exude confidence. It makes you look both sexy and beautiful.
Let me define confidence before somebody goes overboard with it. Confidence means believing in oneself and knowing who you are. You have a clear grasp of your true self, your weaknesses and your strengths. Confidence is the opposite of being proud and loud.
4) Eat healthy - Foods that are rich with anti-oxidants from fruits and vegetables help with the processing of healthier skin cells.
Recent studies show that there is no difference in terms of nutrient value between an "organic food" from the rest, except for the exorbitant price. Buy affordable fruits and vegetables and enjoy a healthy meal.
6) Liquid intake - Drink enough water. It helps flush out body toxins that are clogged in your skins' pores.
7) Avoid unnecessary habitual facial expression - Don't retain a "frown" look on your face. You exert more effort on your facial muscles to frown and they adapt easily through repetition. Those frown lines become visible in due time.
Wear a pair of sunglasses to avoid frowning under the sun.
8) Don't harbor ill feelings - The hateful look can be seen a mile away. Those dagger eyes will drive your beauty away.
9) Wear make-up right - Emphasize your asset feature. If you have beautiful eyes, concentrate to emphasize it. Lastly, don't wear make-up and look funny to other people. You know what I mean.
Tips to use make-up au naturale
1) Use a foundation or powder that is one shade lighter from your skin tone.
2) Don't wear dark lipstick unless it is Halloween. Wearing a color that's nearest to your normal lip makes it pop out as healthy and natural looking. Avoid the lip liners too. Everybody can draw a human lip, you don't have to be a walking tracing paper.
3) Use mascara and soft eye-liner for your eyes. If you can avoid the extra colors on your eye-lids, it will make you look more natural. Ladies will start staring at your eyes trying to figure out if you did something with it or not.
4) Wear a blush on discreetly. Don't try to trace your cheekbones with it. Make the look of "blushing", just like the way you feel when your blood is rushing to your face by looking at your crush and getting caught.
5) Don't forget the eyebrows. Have it shaped by a professional, don't do it on your own. Then you can maintain it at home and have it re-shaped once in a while.
How do you define beauty?
- Jason Wu
10 Takes On No Make-Up Beauty
"Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical." - Sophia Loren
"'You are beautiful no matter what they say, words can't bring you down.." - Christina Aguilera
"True beauty is to have a face that has lived." - Ann Curry, cohost of Today
Simplicity is beauty. The simpler you are, the more beautiful you become. Your looks should add to your personality, not make you vain. So why not remain true to yourself of who you really are?
Not ifs, no buts. You are the first person who needs to like you for you. Your unique beauty deserves your unconditional love and respect.
Copyright © 2012 The Girls. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without permission prohibited.