Finding Good Cheap Shoes
For most women, buying a good pair of designer shoes can be quite damaging to your bank account. However, if you're willing to put in the effort, you can acquire authentic designer shoes for less then the recommended retail price.
Can you Really Find Cheap Shoes?
Whether money is tight, or you just can't imagine spending $500.00 on one pair of shoes, you, like most women, know that when looking for a good pair of shoes, there's nothing like the feel of a good pair of designer Gucci sneakers. For more than a hundred years, Some of the best designers have been creating their masterpieces, like Gucci and Prada. They are made with the understanding that when you pay for a pair of designer shoes, you're not just paying for the name, but you're paying for the superior quality and years of experience that goes into the shoe.
High end department stores such as Saks Fifth Avenue are one way of finding cheap designer shoes. The best time to get their shoes on sale, is at the end of the season when they have to move the old unsold inventory out to move the new merchandise in. At that time you can get shoes at half the price or maybe even more if you're lucky.
If you have ever been to Orlando Florida, not only do you know how beautiful it is, but it's a shopaholics dream come true, especially when you are on a budget. There you will discover close-out centers, outlet malls, and a dozen of sales to explore each and every season. Orlando is the home of hundreds of department stores, over 5 giant malls, and huge shopping plazas that will offer you plenty of discounts and bargains.
Saks Fifth Avenue- One of Orlando's best department stores is here for you to shop for anything you desire. The best part is that all of their clearance racks are housed under one big roof. You will find lots of bargains from your favorite designers like Prada, Gucci, and Marc Jacobs. The best time to shop here is during the post-season, which will allow you to double up on your savings with discounts on all mark downs.
Nordstroms- It may be a bit pricier to shop here, but if you shop from the sales racks, you are sure to find some great deals. If you watch carefully you can find hundreds of off those Chloe pumps and sandals you have been dying to have.
Salvatore Ferragamo The discounts here are awesome at this outlet store. You can expect to find a 40-60% discounts on all in-season and post-season inventory, and you will always find the lastest styles and trends.
On-line Cheap Shoes
Another way to get cheap shoes is online. This is my favorite way to shop. Some may say it's harder this way because you can't try the shoes on, and for some this may be the case, if you tend to have feet that are hard to size, then you may want to stick with the department stores. Here are a list of some of my favorite online stores.
Bluefly: This retailer has supplied designer quality merchandise for Project Runway. They carry many brands like Chole, Stella, Jimmy Choo, Marc Jacobs, Fendi, Gucci, and other popular brands. In their regular section you can still expect a hefty price tag, but clearance sales and deal of the day discounts provide you with great discounts of up to 50-80% off.
Zappos Shoes- Is one of the most popular online shoe stores. At Zappos online is is as easy as point and click to get a new pair pf shoes.
When you first log onto Zappos you will be able to browse through various categories. such as women's shoes, but the fun doesn't stop there. Usually when you get to the women's shoes you choose the shoes, size and the color and you're done, but here you get to choose from categories such as Sling-backs, Loafers, or Mary-Janes.
Ebay has become one of the most convenient ways to shop for designer shoes. Even though it can be a very rewarding adventure it can sometimes be a hassle as well. With buyers and sellers in the millions, it is hard to know who you can trust. Unfortunately, not everything you see on eBay is what it claims to be. There are some that try to sell knockoffs, especially big name designer shoes. So be smart and shop with patience and you'll be sure to find exactly what you are looking for.
Here are a few tips that will help you to get what you're after:
- Know your shoe size- If you've never owned a pair of designer shoes, then you need to find out your shoe size. Shoes are manufactured in different countries, which means one size does not fit all. Visiting a department store is the best thing you can do to ensure a perfect fit.
- Check the patent- You can check for authenticity of any shoe by checking the tag on the underside of the tongue, the seal on the inside of either heal, or sometimes you can see it on the bottom exterior of the sole. Familiarize yourself with each brand so you know what to look for. If the shoe you are looking at is from Italy, which most of them do, then they will have a genuine leather tag. Remember that shoes from places like China and Portugal are manufactured.
- Check for reviews and opinions on the sellers page- This is by far one of the best ways to check customer satisfaction, but be careful, you can't always believe everything you read. So read between the lines and look for anything that may be too good to be true or if there's a trend in neutral comments. These could be signs of fraudulent comment activity and should not be trusted.
- Study the Shoe- Once you have the shoe in hand, check them out carefully. Designer shoes are made of high quality materials, genuine leather and have perfect stitching. If they are Knockoffs, they will often have mismatching colors, are irregularly stitched, or may have glue marks and an overall feel of bad quality.
- Always check the sellers return policy- Make sure there is always a way to return the shoes if you are unhappy with what you received. Read the fine print, and never buy from a company that doesn't have a return policy.