A Guide on How to Get Better Skin and Reduce Spots/Pimples
Washing Your Face
The most important part of skincare is regularly washing your face.
- Put reasonably hot water on your face to open the pores of your skin
- Apply a face-wash thoroughly onto your skin to clean away any dirt and oil in your pores. Good and appropriate face-washes can be found below.
- Wash off the face-wash with warm water
- Put cold water on your face to close up your pores.
Repeat this process atleast twice a day and you will soon see reduction in spots and blackheads.
My Favourite Face Wash:
The Simple Clear Skin Oil Balancing Exfoliator Wash is extremely good for reducing spots and pimples. This is because not only does it balance the oil of your skin in order to reduce oil clogging up your pores, but it also exfoliates any dirt or oil already in your pores. In my experience this is the best face wash at a reasonable price and feels good when applied to skin.
Great Oil Balancing Exfoliating Face Wash
My favourite, affordable, face-wash with great results as described in the paragraph above.
After every wash of your skin it is important to moisturise your skin with cream in order to close up any pores, reduce cracks in the skin and overall make your skin more healthy and look better.
In terms of moisturising cream I prefer to use Nivea Men Rehydrating Moisturiser as it is extremely affordable for this type of product and also seems to keep skin hydrated for a long time.
I prefer to use a squeezing bottle rather than a tub, so that I do not have to put my hands and fingers in the cream which could make it less hygienic and therefore affect the skin.
It is important to stay moisturised as dry skin can lead to cracking of the skin and makes it easier for excess oil and dirt to clog up the pores; leading to pimples.
Diet - Food to improve skin and to avoid
The food you consume has a great impact on the skin of your face. Many foods can improve or worsen your skin. This is because they affect your natural oils.
Food to consume more often:
Citrus fruits - Vitamin C is important to the structure of your skin, making it healthier and more attractive.
Blueberries - These contain a lot of skin clearing antioxidants which has an exponentially great affect on your skin.
Nuts - Deficiency in minerals contained in nuts has been connected to acne.
Food to avoid more often:
Processed white carbohydrates (Pasta, white rice, etc.) - these affect blood sugar levels in a negative way and this has been linked to the health of your skin.
Dairy products - This is a pro-inflammatory food which can worsen your skin condition and contain growth hormones which can affect the balance of hormones in your body affecting your skin.
Other Hygiene Rituals to Avoid Bad Skin
Of course, washing your face and moisturising will help to improve your skin by reducing spots and balancing natural oils.
However, there are other hygiene rituals which you will need to avoid breakouts of pimples and unhealthier skin.
- Drinking Water - This is possibly the most common tip for improving skin,. people still don't drink enough water even when they try to improve their skin. You should drink at least 2 litres of water everyday. Hydration is extremely important for skincare.
- Fingers - It is important to avoid touching your face with your fingers because a lot of dirt gets under your nails and will definitely get into the pores of your skin on your face. Keep this contact to a minimum and make sure to wash your hands regularly.
- Bedsheets - You should try to regularly change your pillowsheets and your bedsheets because sleeping every night in the same sheet can lead to a large buildup of bacteria and dirt which can affect your skin extensively.
© 2018 Aaron