How to Get Rid of Body Acne Naturally - 5 Simple Tips
Pimples and blackheads often appear on the face. However, acne breakouts can also affect other parts of the body. Aside from the face, pimples and zits can appear on the back, neck, chest, shoulders and upper arms. This kind of acne is often painful and difficult to eliminate. There are ways, however, to get rid of body acne naturally.
Body acne can affect males and females of all ages, but it is more common in teenage males. Acne often starts on the face and progresses to other parts of the body. If you have acne on the face, it does not necessarily mean that you will have acne on your body too. However, people with body acne often have severe acne on the face.
Causes of Body Acne
Acne on the body and facial acne are both triggered by overactive oil glands, clogged pores and the proliferation of bacteria that cause acne. Oil and dead skin cells can clog pores and start a blackhead or whitehead. This can turn into a pimple if it becomes infected.
Body acne usually appears on the back and upper torso. These areas have more oil glands than other parts of the body and the pores in these areas are more likely to become plugged with excess oil and dead skin cells.
Natural Ways to Get Rid of Body Acne
Over-the-counter and prescription medications for the treatment of acne are available. However, you can also use natural ways to get rid to body acne.
- Use gentle cleansers to eliminate sweat, dirt and other skin irritants. Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight and harsh chemicals. Avoid touching your skin as this can place dirt, oil, bacteria and other contaminants on your acne.
- Apply natural creams with tea tree oil on your acne. Tea tree oil is effective in the treatment of acne. It is a natural antiseptic and kills bacteria.
- Prepare a home remedy for acne. Mix cucumber juice with lettuce, alfalfa or carrot juice. Apply the mixture on your body acne, leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and rinse with cool water.
- Baking soda is an effective natural treatment to get rid of body acne. Mix baking soda with a little water to form a paste. Gently massage the paste on your acne for about 30 seconds, then rinse off thoroughly. The baking soda paste exfoliates dead skin and oil that can cause acne. Plain oatmeal can be used for the same purpose. Cook the oatmeal, allow it to cool, and apply on your body acne for a few minutes. Oatmeal absorbs oil from your skin.
- Get rid of body acne or at the very least control it by eating fruits and vegetables. Healthy foods are necessary to maintain a smooth, glowing skin. Take nutritional supplements containing zinc, vitamins A, B6 and B3. Zinc helps to heal wounds and reduce inflammation.
And that's that. Getting rid of body acne can be hard, but it can be done. Sometimes the cause of your body acne is right in front of your nose: your diet.
Remember to stick to natural skin care, and you will come out victorious :)
Check Out My Other Hubs
- 5 Simple and Natural Remedies for Stretch Marks
Stretch marks are very common and occur in almost all women. Stretch marks are raised, red lines that appear on the skin and usually develop on skin that has been overstretched and has lost its elasticity.Pregnancy, rapid weight loss or gain, and pub
- 6 Dangerous Foods to Avoid with Eczema
Eczema is a form of skin disorder that affects the epidermis or outer layer of the skin. Symptoms of eczema include reddening of the skin, inflammation, crusting, blistering, cracking and bleeding. The...
- The 5 Best Anti Aging Foods That Will Make Your Skin Sparkle
The best anti aging foods all come from a natural source. That means no processed foods, no sugar, and absolutely no cookies, candies, cakes, or ice cream. Now, Im not saying you cant eat those...
- How To Find The Best Anti-Aging Cream - 4 Simple Tips
Unless you're blessed with exceptionally good genes, you should start seeing fine lines and wrinkles on your face by the time you hit 40. Wrinkles may even appear as early as in your 20s. While you...