How to Get Rid of Cystic Acne Fast
Cystic acne is the most severe type of acne vulgaris. Bumps or cysts form under the surface of the skin, making it easily visible. These blemishes are definitely unsightly and can even cause infection if left untreated. Because of this, many people look for ways on how to get rid of cystic acne.
What Causes Cystic Acne?
Before finding out how to get rid of cystic acne, it is first important to understand what causes cystic acne. According to medical professionals, one of the most common causes of cystic acne is excess oil production. Teenagers usually have overactive oil glands. Sebum builds up inside the pores, making it clogged. Dead skin cells and dirt also contribute to the clogging of pores. When pores are clogged, sebum forms under the skin and causes pimples. It is important to note that contrary to popular belief, your diet does not cause cystic acne. Experts have been researching about the relation of diet to acne but have yet to find solid evidence to make a conclusion.
5 Ways to Treat Cystic Acne
There are different methods to treat cystic acne. Many even say that there are natural remedies for cystic acne. However, cystic acne is a severe condition and it is highly recommended that you consult your doctor immediately.
- Systemic Medication. Many doctors suggest this kind of treatment for cystic acne. This involves treating the whole body, killing the acne-producing bacteria that may be present in the system.
- Isotretinoin. This oral medication was first developed to treat different types of cancer. Now, it is commonly used as an effective treatment for cystic acne. It is related to Vitamin A and helps reduce the size of oil glands.
- Oral Contraceptives. These pills are also effective for getting rid of cystic acne. The goal is to reduce the testosterone levels in the female body, making acne breakouts less probable.
- Injections. Needles and acne sound painful but it is very effective in removing cystic acne. Injecting medication into the acne kills the bacteria.
- Surgical Incision. This is often the last resort to get rid of cystic acne. Here, the doctor removes all the dirt and bacteria present in the inflamed area.
How to Prevent Cystic Acne
There are simple ways you can do to prevent cystic acne. These are actually just common sense but a simple reminder would be helpful to everyone.
- Never touch your pimples. It is very tempting to touch and squeeze your pimples but you should avoid doing these at all costs. This might worsen the problem and cause the surrounding area to get infected as well.
- Wash your face twice daily. Avoid washing your face very often. This dries up the skin and takes away the natural moisture your face needs.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle. Living a healthy life is not only good for preventing cystic acne, but also for your overall being. Make it a habit to exercise regularly and eat a balanced diet.
Around the web: