How to Grow Your Hair Faster and Thicker
The process of growing one's hair can be extremely tedious. Our hair only grows about half an inch in length per month. Here are some ways that could really help speed the growth of your hair in no time.
Find out what is the best natural remedy to make your hair longer and thicker...in a very natural way.
Most young women yearn and dream of having a perfect long, shiny and beautiful hair. Long and healthy hair is a sign of beauty, youth and vitality. But due to the modern hair styling nowadays like heat styling damaged the health of our hair and it become brittle and prone to split-ends.
I had my hair cut recently (around 4 months ago) and was very dissatisfied with the results. I used to have waist-long hair and the salon cut it shoulder-length.
I spent sleepless nights longing for my long hair but there's nothing I could do but wait for it to grow back. So I decided to apply what I know to make it grow faster.
The process of growing one's hair can be extremely tedious. Our hair only grows about half an inch in length per month and this can be quite frustrating pace if you want your hair to grow back in no time.
Since I'm quite anxious for my waist-length hair to come back, I decided to put my every effort to care for my hair to make it grow faster and thicker.
And believe it or not, the hard work really paid off. I think my hair grows faster than the average half an inch per month.
The steps I've done to combat the slow growth of my hair is purely natural and home-made:
1. Use coconut oil for your hair at least thrice a week (massage it on hair especially on the scalp).
Coconut oil is commonly used to make hair soft and shiny. Others bought this on markets but I prefer if you could make your own coconut oil. It is very simple and easy.
- Put the freshly-squeezed coconut milk in a saucepan.
- Heat the coconut milk mixture over low flame.
- Continue to stir it until "latik" is formed.
Latik is a tagalog word for solid coconut curds. When the coconut milk is simmered, it reduces to coconut oil and solids begn to form at the top surface. "Latik" is used as a dessert condiment and is very popular add-ons to "Suman" (brown rice cake).
- Do not overcook; when the "latik" turns golden brown; remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Drain the oil and put it on a glass bowl or glass cups.
- Store only at room temperature. Do not refrigerate.
How to Prepare Home-made Coconut Oil
Home-made coconut oil is a great blessing for your damage and brittle hair. It may even treat head lice and prevent dandruffs to form on your scalp. This is a very inexpensive way to regrow your hair faster and thicker.
Not only coconut oil helps your hair grow faster and thicker, it also helps prevent hair loss.
2. Before going to bed every night and before taking a bath in the morning, take time to lightly massage your scalp and brush it with soft, natural bristle hairbrush.
3. Swap your metal hair clips with soft ponytail holders and stop forcing your hair into a tight ponytail. Opt for looser styles instead so it won’t strain the hair.
4. Avoid hair curling/straightening irons to style and hair blowers to dry your hair. The heat that comes from these can make your hair dry and prone to split-ends.
Believe me, I’ve done just that and I’m happy with the result. I think after 3-4 months, my hair have grown more than 3 inches. You just have to be patient because these things don’t happen overnight. It may not bring your waist-long hair back after a day but it will really speed the growth and will make your hair shinier and soft.
To enjoy a healthy hair growth, follow a good nutrition and healthy hair lifestyle like:
- Eat a balanced amount of protein every day. Protein is a very essential nutrient for hair growth.
Hair is composed of keratins - a protein made up of amino acids. Consuming right amount of protein will produce these amino acids.
- Eat an adequate amount of zinc, iron, and B vitamins. These are healthy vitamins that lead to a healthier hair. Healthy hair grows much faster than brittle and damaged hair.
- Have enough rest and sleep and avoid stress.
- Include exercise in your healthy hair lifestyle.
Best Natural Home Remedies for your Hair
- The Best Natural Remedy for Dandruffs and Split-ends
There are a number of natural home remedies that helps cure dandruffs and split-ends. Learn how to shake the flake the most inexpensive way with this best natural remedy.
- The Very Best of Aloe Vera
Hairffirmation: Lovingly groom your hair and choose the thoughts that support its growth and strength. Love and appreciate your hair :)
© 2012 Mycee. All Rights Reserved.