Fast Ways to Grow Your Hair Really Long and Healthy
To begin my story, I will just say I was put on some medication that made me almost bald. I had long beautiful hair before that, and it was devastating. I did a lot of research on how to grow my hair out beautifully. I’d like to share my findings.
About a decade later, after always receiving compliments on my long hair, a beautician “accidentally” cut off 14”, and I was devastated. I have finally grown it back, but over the years I’ve heard many people say their hair “just won’t grow,” and I find this hard to believe. I’ve given them some of my research and tips, and to their dismay, their hair does grow!
My Long Hair
My Short Hair
The first things I looked into were Vitamins. I did a lot of research and learned if you over-do it on the vitamins, it can actually have a counter effect, so you must take the right amount and the right mixture for you.
My first recommendation (which also helps your nails grow thick, strong, and long) of vitamins is: (1) Zinc and (2) Selenium.
Again, I am not a doctor, and you must be careful in what you mix, because some vitamins have the same ingredients.
This is the mixture I am on:
- Maxidene Vitamin (1 in the morning)
- L-Lysine 500mg (1 in the evening)
- Selenium 200mcg (1 in the evening)
- Zinc 50mg (1 in the evening)
- Vitamin E
- One multi-vitamin (any time of the day)
- Green Tea Mega T Capsule (1 in the morning)
- Vitamin E Conditioner in my hair (about once a week)
- Ginkgo Biloba 30mg (2 pills 3 times a day)
- “Hair, Skin, and Nails” (read the ingredients and do your research!) (1 pill 3 times a day)
- Saw Palmetto 450mg (1 to 2 pills 3 times a day)
The Two Best Vitamins for Hair Growth - Zinc and Selenium
Out of all the products, vitamins, etc that I recommend in this article, zinc and selenium are top choices.
Over all my research in medical journals and blogs, when it comes to hair growth, these two vitamins are the best. I strongly recommend that you add them to your daily vitamin intake.
Other Vitamins That May Help
Vitamin B Complex
Again, be careful in taking too many vitamins, the wrong mixture of vitamins, etc. Ask the pharmacist or do some research on your own before spending too much money on vitamins.
Often ordering the products online and/or in bulk can be cheaper. There are even products that have shampoo, conditioner, and vitamins combined in order to help your hair growth.
Do your research, but I would suggest trying the product once and seeing if you think it works before ordering mass quantities.
What about hair products?
Products are important for hair growth. It is advisable to wash your hair every other day or more if you can.
When you brush your hair, don’t ever push thru the tangles. Instead use a non-tangle spray in the tangled area. Don’t brush thru it. Instead, wet the tangled part until the comb goes smoothly thru the hair. Use a detangle spray like the following:
- V05Ò Detangle and Shine; Restoring Daily Leave-in Conditioner
It works wonders!
Split End Treatments, Shampoo, Conditioner, and Leave-in Treatments
Some of the most important products are split-end treatments, proper shampoos and conditioners, and proper leave–in conditioners. Here are some of the products that I use:
- GarnierÒ FructisÒ Fortifying Shampoo – Fall Fight; for Falling, Breaking Hair
- GarnierÒ FructisÒ Length and Strength for Fragile, Hard-to-Grow Hair (Shampoo and Conditioner)
- GarnierÒ FructisÒ Leave-in Conditioning Cream – Sleek and Shine
- Bed HeadÒ Ego BoostÒ - Split End Mender; leave-in conditioner
- Redkin 5th Avenue NYC – Extreme; Anti-Snap; Leave-in treatment for distressed hair
Heat is the devil when it comes to growing your hair out. But if you have to straighten your hair, use a product such as:
- GarnierÒ FructisÒ Sleek and Shine Flat Iron Perfector Straightening Mist (don't spray a lot, because it comes on like hair spray, meaning it will be difficult to comb out)
The other devil is hair dye. Using temporary hair dye is best if you must dye your hair, but don’t use permanent. There is also liquid hair dye for those few strands of grey, such as:
- Fanci-full™ Temporary Hair Color
Again, heat is the devil when you are trying to grow your hair out. If you have to use a blow dryer, use 2 diffusers and try to use the lowest setting. Here are some recommended products:
- Charles Worthington London – Take Aways; relax and unwind blow-dry straightening balm
- Sunsilk™ 24/7 Straighten-Up – Straightens and smooths hair
- Bed HeadÒ Superstar™ - Blow-dry Lotion for Think Massive Hair
- Matrix Sleek Look Smoothing System – Step 3 Lite Styling Crème
(Before letting a blow dryer "touch" your beautiful, clean hair, make sure you have some good product on your hair in order to protect it).
What hair products do you use? I'd love to know! Share your hair experiences in the comments below please!
- Be careful about pulling your hair back tight. You will get baby curls, because your hair will break off.
- Pulling the back of your hair up to the top of your hair and clipping it makes it look like you have a long pony-tail.
- Take care of your hair (like it’s your first born child)! This way you will only go to the beautician about twice a year at a maximum.
- Try to not go at all if you can avoid it. Only go if you see split or broken ends.
- When you see your beautician, spend at least ten minutes expressing the importance you feel towards your long hair. Take pictures of models or movie stars who have the hair you want.
- Tell them you only want one inch cut off at a maximum. If they state that more than that is needed, (1) you aren’t taking good enough care of your hair (2) go ahead and get it cut, but do not give them free rein; remind them you only want the damaged areas to be cut off, but (3) start a better regimen so that in the future you will not have to get that much cut off. Remember: every time you get your hair cut you have to grow it out.
The key to growing out your hair is keeping it so healthy that you do not have to constantly have to get it cut off.
You Tube Video - Tips for Growing Your Hair Fast
I found the following video by Katie Betzing (on 1/4/18) to be really helpful. She had many of the tips I have listed in this hub, but also a few new ones for you to enjoy. She has provided some hair styling tips that will make your hair grow longer, so check it out!
Tips on Ways to Grow Your Hair Long Fast!
You Tube Video - Grow Your Hair Out Long Using Rice Water!
This is a pretty awesome video and I look forward to trying this out. Such a simple home remedy! Why not try it? Let me know in the comments if you try it out. I would love to hear about your experience.
Grow Your Hair Faster and Longer with 1 Product - Rice Water!
Growing Long Hair
After six months of following some of this advice, did your hair grow?
(1) Flip your hair upside down and up for two minutes. It gets the blood flowing and helps your hair grow.
(2) As much as you can, massage your scalp (gently) – when you condition, when you shampoo, when you are watching TV, etc. This is another way to get the blood flowing.
(3) As silly as this may sound, the best way I have found to grow my hair is getting goose bumps. It grows your hair. You can do this by thinking of a touchy feely moment in your life or watching some chick flick.
(4) Have patience!! Don’t run to the beautician because you’re bored or someone recommends it. Wait it out. Give it a year, and you will be shocked at the results you gain. Think about your long-term results and be patient!
(5) Wear your hair down as much as possible, because as I mentioned before, pulling it back in a tight bun can cause it to break.
(6) Drink one glass of warm Green Tea per day.
(7) Quite often you should do a deep conditioning treatment of sorts. You can buy these over the counter, or you can Google and see the many, many recipes online involving eggs and such. You can make them with food ingredients that you have on hand. Usually, a deep conditioner should be done about once a month.
(8) Try to stay out of the sun.
(9) Slightly pull back your hair when you sleep. If you toss and turn, you are liable to rip hairs out.
(10) Do more research! You may find things I haven’t, but I made a lot of progress with this little bit of information, so this is a good place to start.
Some of my Brand Vitamins are:
Spring Valley Vitamin E 400 IU
Spring Valley Selenium 200 mcg
Generic Brand One Daily for Women Vitamin (or men)
Spring Valley L-Lysine 500 mg
Finest NaturalÒ Zinc 50 mg