- Fashion and Beauty
How to Heal a Pimple Overnight Naturally
Change Your Pillowslips
If it's been more than a few days, and you have bad acne, then you need to change your pillowslips. The bottom line is that you're rubbing old oil and dead skin back onto your face and that is going to aggravate and cause more eruptions, and I don't mean your response when you look in the mirror that morning.
Prepare Your Skin
The first thing you want to do is gently wash your face to remove the oil, dirt and dead skin. Some people use toners to get the last traces of oil out. If you do, use one that will be gentle on your skin. If you have sensitive skin, use an alcohol free toner.
Do not put moisturizer or any other treatment on your face just yet.
Now, get some really hot water and a washcloth. You want to use warm heat to draw out the pimple. Place the wet washcloth on the pimple and leave it on for at least a minute or until the cloth become cool. Then heat it up again.
You could also steam that part of your face using boiling water in a pan on the stove, or if you have a facial steamer .
After you've steamed your zit, you can do a few different things. You can ice the pimple and then steam again. Your goal is to get blood flowing to the site and cause the whitehead to come to a head.
Then when you go to sleep, you can put on the pimple paste type toothpaste. Or you could use honey or aloe vera. Both honey and aloe vera are antibacterials as well as anti-inflammatories. Toothpaste dries out the oil.
The next morning
When you wake up, use a warm, wet washcloth to loosen up the toothpaste before you gently wash your face. If you used honey or aloe vera, just gently wash the skin.
With luck, the pimple will have healed or is just a small red bump.
If the pimple is still a firm whitehead, use warm wet heat to soften it up. Then pop it carefully using good hygiene (wash those hands!) and the proper tools. Finally use an antisceptic, like apple cider vinegar, and ice to calm down the skin.
Ways to prevent acne
- Stay hydrated with lots of fresh water
- Keep your hands off of your face
- Wash your face after you exercise
- If you wear makeup, pay attention to when you purchased it, and make note when you should throw it out. Generally for liquid foundation, it should be used or tossed within 3 months.
- Do not scrub your face as that just irritates the skin making acne worse
- That being said, do look into microdermabrasion for acne scars and facials for keeping skin free of acne
- If you have cystic acne, none of this will help. Go see a dermatologist to get it under control before you get bad scarring.