How to Keep Your Hair Perfect on Vacation
Perfect Hair for Vacation
Do you struggle with your hair while on vacation?
I don't know about you but when I am on vacation I seem to struggle with my hair. You know what I am talking about. Most of us don't even realize how bad our hair was until we take a close look at the pictures.
As far as I can tell, there are several reasons why I have problems with my hair. Can any of you relate to this? I would love to hear from you in the comments.
- Packing. I think my problems begin when I am packing. I don't take all the product I need because I don't want to be burdened with it!
- Different water. I am betting that the water is different on vacation than at home. So it would take a few days for my hair to adjust, but then some vacations on last a few days!
- Climate. No matter where I go, the climate is different than at home. Even someplace that is the same general temperature can have more moisture in the air.
So, what is the solution? For me, it's keeping my hair as simple as possible and making sure I pack enough product. My hair is naturally wavy and if I don't at least pack my own condition and anti-frizz serum, my hair will suffer.
Mange Your Hair While on Vacation
Vacation Haircut Thoughts
Do you get a haircut before you go on vacation?
Get a Great Hair Cut for Vacation Hair Management
I've learned the hard way that the ability to manage my hair starts with a great haircut. Notice how I said "great" hair cut. It took me a really long time to understand what this means for myself.
For me, getting the dead ends cut off before the trip is essential. Also, if I didn't have bangs before, I always get them before my trip. I don't like it when my hair gets in my eyes, particularly in pictures. Also, my hair has to be long enough to pull back but not so long that my hair feels heavy.
Now, I am not the type of woman who styles my hair every day. I wash it, comb it, and put in frizz cream and that's it. Whatever I do to my hair on vacation needs to be as simple as that.
Here are some tips for finding a great stylist who can help you get your ideal vacation hair cut.
- Be patient. Finding a good stylist is worth the wait!
- Ask around. Sometimes we need to be pointed in the right direction to find a great hair stylist.
- Take risks. Walk in at random some day if you like the looks of the salon. You may meet your hair stylist soul mate! You never know.
Once you find a good one, you can share with them your hair concerns about your vacation. When they get to know your hair they'll be able to offer you suggestions that will make your life easier.
Essential Vacation Hair Products
What to Pack to Care for Your Hair on Vacation
These are the essential items I need to make sure I pack when I go on vacation. This is the bare minimum. If I feel like it, I pack a small, portable ceramic straightening iron. I think I only did that once and it was only because I had a nightmare of a haircut that required straightening.
- Wide toothed comb
- Small brush
- My favorite conditioner (see below)
- Frizz serum
- Small bottle of shampoo, just in case
- Various hair things
Mostly, I use elastic hair bands to put my hair up. I leave the clips and headbands at home. The simpler my expectations of my hair are, the better off I am.
My Favorite Hair Products to Pack
Anti Frizz serum is essential for my packing list. This is the best serum I've used in a long time because it doesn't make my hair too shiny.