- Fashion and Beauty
How to Maintain Your Skin Glow During Winter Season?
No matter how much you are ready to get double dressed up, to stand rough and tuff in the mid of the icy and chilling winter season, you won’t be all set if you are suffering from a dry-skin-syndrome during such climate. It is quite obvious that most of the people go through such a problem and they, no doubt, try to find ways to reduce the skin damage.
Sounds a little and controllable problem, but lack of consistent nourishment of your skin can make you look dull and may even cause skin infection leading to long-lasting disease. Anyway, do not worry, since market is filled with loads of cosmetics ranging from local to branded products and from cheap to expensive ones. Besides them, here are some more tips to help your skin get nourished and make you look gorgeous even in the winter season:
- Drink Water As Much As You can EVERY DAY: Most of the people, already, feel quite hydrated during winter season and thus, drink less water but according to medical science, it is a must to intake at least 10 glass of water every day. Water prevents your skin from getting dehydrated and any possibilities of becoming dry and rough.
- Make Use of Moisturizer at least Thrice a Day: The daily use of moisturizer gives your skin an everlasting glow. It is suggested to use it at least thrice a day, but it also depends on your skin type, such that if your skin is naturally dry, then you need to use it couple of times a day. For dry skin, make sure you are using an oil-based moisturizer. It is recommended to rub the moisturizing gel with your palms and then use it on your skin.
- Clean your Skin Effectively with These Steps: Wash your skin with a warm water that will remove the dirt from your skin pores. For better cleansing, you can use a mixture of milk and a little salt; using rose water is also a good option. After this, do not forget to use toner on your skin, like mineral water, that can close your skin pores and prevent any accumulation of dirt in them. Finally, use the moisturizer as much as you require.
- Sunlight is good but only to a Limit: In winter season, there is nothing more relaxing than the sunlight, but too much of it can reduce your skin softness.
- Wear clothes that Suit your Skin: Many people skin can get allergic to some kind of fabric during winter season. It is recommended to wear woollen clothes only after getting them dried in the sunlight and also try to avoid clothes made out of synthetic fabric.
Home Remedies for your Skin
- Honey and Oatmeal Mask: This mask is considered to be one of the best face masks to get a glowing and healthy skin. It helps in removing dead skin and can be used for any skin type. To make this face mask, you need to take ¼ cup oatmeal powder in a ½ cup of water and boil it, for a while, at not so high temperature. When it gets cool down, add 4-5 tea spoons of honey to it and apply it on your face and neck. Wash your face after 20 minutes.
- Yogurt and Cucumber Mask: Use the mixture of yogurt and cucumber mash and apply it on your skin. This mask is more fruitful for the people with dry skin.
- Lemon and Honey Mask: In the sunlight, pigmentation cells tend to get more active which can darken your skin. To prevent this darkening, lemon is the most effective remedy. Make a mask with 2 teaspoons honey and 5 drops of lemon juice. Use it on your skin for at least 10 minutes and then rinse it thoroughly. If you get extreme sunburn, then you can use coconut oil on the affected area to lessen the pain.
Some Points to Remember
- Cream that you use for your face and body must be enriched in Vitamin E.
- Use Moisturizer daily.
- To prevent your skin from getting dried, use anti-wrinkle cream before sleeping at night.
- It is quite helpful if you get a facial done at least once a month and use home-made face mask at least twice a week. You can use egg in making your face mask, since it is a good source of protein.
- Make sure you get exfoliation done at least once a week followed by conditioning.
- If you have dry skin, then try to avoid the use of scrub in winter season.
- Make sure to have a face lifting facial to bring rigidness in your skin. Get yourself a sitting for any facial you ask for, on a regular basis to maintain your skin glow.
- Applying sunscreen (having SPF of at least 30), before going into sunlight, is a must. If you do not wish to use lots of cream, then using pure oil is a good alternative. You can use olive oil, coconut oil or almond oil after heating them for a while.