How to Make Homemade Layered Lip Gloss
Luscious Lip Gloss ~
Lip gloss is such a fun and easy cosmetic to make at home.
A layered lip gloss is taking it to a new and exciting level that is a great way of using up your favourite near finished lipstick.
This form of lip gloss may also be made from lip friendly eyeshadows, blush or even bronzers.
Making homemade lip gloss is an activity ideal as a makeup craft for teens to try out as we all know how teenage girls love their lippy! If a flavoured gloss is something that appeals then try a citrus flavoured homemade lip gloss for a fresh zesty gloss that will be hard to resist licking off.
Lipstick Make Great Lip Gloss
Buy in bulk for the girls
What is a Layered Lip Gloss?
As the name implies, this form of gloss is made in layers of up to 4 different colors on top of each other in a small container.
Each layer is made individually and allowed to set before the next layer is added. This is a brilliant way of using up old or nearly finished lipsticks.
How many of you end up throwing out lipsticks that still have some product that you just dismiss as unusable?
With there being layers of color, as you finish one layer you automatically have a new one to use.
A great benefit of making a layered version is it being a 4 in 1 gloss instead of four different lip gloss containers.
Yes ladies that means more space in your handbag, makeup bag or on your dressing table for more cosmetics!
Eyeshadows and Blush
Color Co-ordinate Your Layered Gloss
Layered Lip Gloss Recipe ~
You need to give yourself about an hour from start to finish with this recipe as each layer needs to set in the fridge/freezer for 10-15 minutes.
You Will Need:
4 old lipsticks or
4 powder eyeshadows, blush or bronzers
Petroleum jelly (Vaseline)
Small container with lid
- Scrape off lipstick or eyeshadow of first color, approximately 1 tsp into bowl.
- Add a good teaspoon of petroleum jelly to the bowl.
- Pop in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute on a medium setting or until all ingredients are melted. Be careful not to burn.
- Stir well and pour mixture into your container. Remember you must have space for 4 layers so container should be only a quarter full.
- Pop this into the fridge for 10-15 minutes or into the freezer for 5-10 minutes. Mixture needs to be set before next layer.
- Wipe or wash your bowl before starting on the next color.
- Make sure your first lip gloss is fully hardened before proceeding on the second.
- Repeat all the above steps for each layer.
- To avoid the previous layer melting make sure to get into the fridge or freezer immediately after pouring.
- When all 4 layers are complete, leave your layered lip gloss in the fridge to completely harden before use.
- You are now good to go!
Transform your contact lens case with a bit of bling!
- DIY Blinged Out Contact Lens Case
Learn how to make this super cute bling covered contact lens case with this easy, step by step tutorial. I have also included some clever ideas for alternate uses for your new sparkly case.
Lippy Poll ~
Fancy making a layered lip gloss?
For a stronger shade use more color pigment and less petroleum jelly.
You can make 1, 2 or 3 layers instead, it’s up to you.
Experiment with old, nearly finished, broken or cheap products rather than your expensive ones when doing for the first time.
To give yourself soft supple lips treat your lips to a lip scrub to get rid of dry dead skin before applying lipsticks or lip gloss. Easy to make at home, your lip products will look and last better turning your puckers into luscious lovelies!
How to Make Organic Vegan Lip Balm
Author Info ~
Information on the author, her bio and full body of works available @ Suzie HQ
Credit to homesteadbound ~
All dividers used in this hub are used with permission granted on hub, Creating Dividers to Use on Your Hubs