How to Prepare For a Fake Tan
Getting a false tan is always great. You get that sun kissed look without having to go out in the sun and burn your skin at all. That is the reason why people go to the beaches with false tan on instead of coming from the beaches with their real tan. Have a look at this, you got your shorts and bikinis on and want a tan from the sun. That goes all right. However, when the sun is not involved, what all do you really get to start the false tan procedure? Well, if you guys have been wondering what we are talking about, then let us tell you that we are focusing on the preparation of your body for getting the false tan.
Getting a good false tan is not just about getting the best tanning products. When you get a manicure, you get your cuticles nail and nails cleaned before they finally apply the color. Similarly, when you want a false tan, you get do some cleaning and prepping before applying the tan product. Here is all that you will have to do before you apply the tan product. This should ideally start weeks before, but it is never too late if you start now.
- Moisturize- you have to get rid of dry skin at whatever cost. If your skin is dry, itchy or patchy, then you must avoid getting a tan. Skin would either not tan properly or might even react negatively. Therefore, avoid the dryness to as much extent as possible and choose the right type of moisturizer for your skin before getting the tan. Start applying this moisturizing cream or lotion in generous quantities in order to make your skin very soft and supple. When this happens, you are ready to get a false tan.
- Exfoliate- before getting a tan, you must exfoliate your skin properly. This should be done in order to avoid any dirt or impurities being trapped in the pores of the skin before getting a tan. You would get as better results as a salon tan. Moreover, exfoliation will also remove any dead skin cells that might interfere with your tanning process. These dead skin cells do not react well to the tanning product and you will end up with a bad and even patchy tan. So get this done before getting a tan to get the best results.
- Wax/shave - This is a step that needs to be done just before you get a false tan. No tanning product will work if you have too much body hair. Even if you have less, there will be uneven distribution of the product on the body, which will obviously not look good. Therefore, get a wax done or shave all the areas where you want to get a tan. This will prevent you from getting a ridiculously patchy tan and the best results will be seen on smooth skin only. Make sure there are no cuts or bruises.
- Cleaning the areas- just before you get a tan, you must clean the area where you want to get the tan properly. As you have already been exfoliating from the past few days, cleaning will be easier. Make sure that you are in a cooler room or sweating will cause some cream running on your body and it looks so awfully bad. So get a bath and pat dry all the body areas where the tan is to be applied. Make sure to dry your hair properly as it causes the most water run down incidence. Never rub the skin too hard with the towel, as it will cause redness and irritation and it is not a great indication for a good tan.
- Get a pair of gloves- you will be needing them to apply the tanning product or you will end up with orange tints on the palm and get caught red handed for the false tan (Take it literally; your hands will be orange or red). SO buying a pair of gloves will be very helpful in this case.
- Don’t use too much deodorant and other such oil based products- Using deodorants is okay generally, but before getting a tan, you must not use it. Don’t even apply oily or greasy lotions on your skin and refrain from the use of moisturizer or any skin product just on the day when you get a tan. This will help you getting a better tan, whether you do it at home or get a professional tan.
- Don’t overdo any of the above mentioned steps- Its okay to exfoliate regularly and applying lotions daily, but you don’t need to do it that much. Exfoliate only so the dead skin cells are washed away and clean or rub only as necessary. Don’t cause unnecessary skin irritation.