How to Press Eyeshadows and Other Face Powders
For me, loose powders are an accident waiting to happen. I'm a bit clumsy when it comes to using them so for me the best option is to press my loose powders. Here's a quick tutorial on how to accomplish this.
- Loose Powder or Pigment
- An Empty Cosmetic Pan or Other Container
- A Pressing Object, Coin or other object roughly the size of your container.
- Paper Towels
- Alcohol, Rubbing Alcohol, Isopropyl, Mixing Medium, etc
- Pour a small amount of loose powder into your pan or container.
- Add a small amount of alcohol to the powder and mix.
- Continue adding powder and alcohol until the container is full the powder has become more of a paste.
- Using your pressing object, wrap it in the paper towel and press down hard. If your pressing object is smaller than the container, repeat the pressing multiple times until the entire surface has been covered.
- Set the pan aside to dry out.