- Fashion and Beauty
How to Get Rid of Frizzy Hair with a T-Shirt!
There are so many frizz fighting products out there that promise powerful results, but that do not always work as well as they claim to, if at all. And as many things go, they have a tendency to cause unpleasant "side effects": crunchiness, dandruff, greasiness, etc.
So, why not tackle the issue from its roots? No pun intended... Here, you'll learn how to do just that. Unlike those bottles, I am not promising results, but if they come to you, you'll know who to thank...
- A cotton t-shirt or any cotton item of clothing (it doesn't need to be new). That's it!
1. Ditch your regular towel to dry your locks with after showering, replacing it with your cotton t-shirt. Wrap your wet hair in the shirt, leaving it on for about ten minutes (if need be, use a hair clip or hair tie to hold it in place). Remove and proceed with styling. Note that your hair will probably be more wet afterward than if you were to use a towel.
2. Remove and proceed with styling. Note that your hair will probably be more wet afterward than if you were to use a towel.
You may continue using your frizz fighting products along with this drying method. However, if this tip proves help enough, you could go without. I mean, who doesn't want to save some time and money?
However, for your first time with this method, I would recommend skipping the product because it would be more effective to accurately test it.
Bath towels are usually created out of cotton and/or synthetic materials, such as polyester, but their looped surface texture, intended to snatch up the water on your skin, provides a roughness not ideal for hair drying.
Unlike typical towel material, cotton t-shirts cause less friction (along with less breakage). Less friction equals less frizz. The texture of a cotton t-shirt is also great at absorbing water and gentle on your hair, meaning less damage. So, even if you don't deal with frizz, the cotton tee option can help keep your hair in tip-top, healthy shape.
Conclusion: Swapping to a t-shirt can help you achieve smoother and shinier strands.
- Try this on a day where you won't be doing anything too significant, just in case it fails.
- Avoid products containing sulfates, silicone, and parabens, as they can lead to buildup, weighed down hair, etc.
© 2014 H