- Fashion and Beauty»
- Skin Care
How to Deal with Dry Skin on the Face with Best Solutions and Treatments
Best Solutions for Dry Skin
Understanding Dry Skin
If you are suffering from dry skin on the face here you are going to find tips and treatments that will help you ease this condition. From topical creams and specialized products to salon facials and home remedies, you can find countless solutions to diminish and treat your skin problem.
The sebaceous glands are responsible for generating oil and fatty acids in the skin to keep it moisturized, making it smooth and soft to feel.
In skins that are oily the sebaceous glands are said to be overactive, while it is the lack of production of these ingredients that make the skin looking dry. The environment is also another of the factors that cause the skin to alter its state rapidly to adapt to the prevailing conditions and can become quite a problem when the changes become irregular.
One thing we know about dry skin is that it can be linked to an imbalance of water inside of the body. This is normally caused by failing to drink enough water or even an insufficiency of fatty acids in the body.
Along with that we find that the sun, heavy bathing and harsh soaps can be linked to this problem as well.
Our skin is likely to appear dry when the intakes of vitamins B, A plus E are inadequate. In order to avoid aging dry skin and just to make it far more radiant and glowing, you'll want to contemplate certain vitamins which are needed for the reduction of this type of skin.
Top Moisturizing Skin Care Ingredients
Best Skin Care Ingredients
The following ingredients are often used to ease the symptoms of dry skin:
- Hyaluronic acid is used as an active ingredient to treat dehydrated skin. Also used in salons and spas are treatments with the ingredient paraffin, which is ideal for dry skin and cold weather and will leave the skin moisturized and softer.
- Apart from drinking a good amount of water or natural teas to maintain your skin clear and hydrated you could try some home remedies. Make use of items available in your home, to create inexpensive face scrubs and masks to solve your problem.
- A solution of glycerin, oils and honey is the ideal recipe for a hydrating mask, and is extremely beneficial for dry facial skin.
- In addition, scrubs are great to help you eliminate dead skin. An effective tip is to use a thermal exfoliator followed by any hydrating face mask. Ensure that before you set out to apply either the scrub or the face mask, you wash your face, and neck with a good cleanser to do away with dirt and grime.
- Steaming is another way to get the face cleaned well, but don't overdo it. Then apply Vaseline or your usual cream for your skin type.
- Dry skin can be treated by massaging the body, using herbal oils. Oil massages help getting smooth and soft skin, thus delaying the symptoms of aging. A massage not only rejuvenates the body; it also relaxes the mind. A healthy skin can better resist other diseases.
- Covering your body with a thin layer of moisturizing honey, and leaving it for some time before your bath, is ideal for dry skin.
- Applying a paste of avocado all over your body nourishes your skin.
- Other home remedies include adding milk to the bath water and cleansing the face with natural yogurt.
If you are worried about dry skin seek professional help from a skin expert. Beauty salons offer some of the finest proven treatments for skin type. Treatments are tailor-made for your type of skin, working to ensure the best results. Many beauty salons treat the skin with essential oils which oxygenate, feed and deeply hydrate the skin.
Best Herbs and Oils
Hydrating Dry Skin
There is a variety of herbal oils available for massaging, allowing you to choose one with ingredients and fragrance of your choice. Some oils have ingredients that can easily penetrate the skin. The oil helps the skin in retaining moisture while herbs keep the skin soft and silky.
1. Rose water and rose oils have been found useful for tender, dry, sensitive skin. Cleanse the skin using rosewater at night.
2. Lavender flowers are said to have many sedative compounds that are good for dehydrated skin.
3. Horsetail is considered a clarifying astringent, closing the pores and stimulating production of new skin cells.
4. Birch leaves are effective to lessen many skin issues, and even cellulite.
5. Jojoba and rosehip oils make excellent home remedies when the skin is itchy and lacking moisture. They are also great to fight free radicals, improving aging skin and its overall appearance.
6. Nutmeg flower is another herb you can use for this skin type. Its oil can be ingested or applied externally. It is sold on health food stores.
7. Get some camomile oil and rub it over the dry areas. Great for moisturizing the skin.
Homemade Facial Masks
4 DIY Masks to Hydrate the Skin
1. Mash avocado and mix it with few drops of olive oil. Leave it on for 20 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
2. Another mask that you can try at home is to mix few spoons of natural yogurt with one egg yolk and one spoon of honey. Apply for twenty minutes and rinse off with warm water. Vitamins A, B, C and E, help to keep the skin healthy and glowing.
3. Also, any mask made with oats as the main ingredient will be very effective to minimize dry skin on the face.
4. Use the flesh of red grapes to restore moisture. Apply over the skin for 20 minutes and rinse it off using warm water
Moisturizers like avocado oil, olive oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil, Argan oil and grape seed oil are said to be very effective for this kind of skin.
Cracked Skin Homemade Remedy
How to Boost Skin's Hydration
5 Tips for Boosting the Skin's Moisture Levels
1. The moisture level of skin can be improved by external hydration. In fact, it’s the most effective way of enhancing the level of moisture in our skin. The application of moisturizers over the body is very helpful for treating dry skin. Moisturizers containing aloe vera are especially good for the skin as aloe vera has antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and restorative properties.
2. Of the many home remedies, a combination of aloe vera and olive oil makes an excellent recipe for hydrating and rejuvenating the skin. Those affected by this skin type should take lukewarm showers or baths and avoid excessive skin scrubbing. Hot water and harsh scrubbing remove the natural oils, and render the skin even drier.
3. You can also get special moisturizers containing lactic acid or Carmol creams that are very effective in hydrating the skin. For best results, moisturizers should be applied within three to five minutes of bathing while the skin is moist.
4. Regular consumption of anti-oxidants can help improve the texture of skin. You may have tablets of herbal anti- oxidants. Antioxidants help to eliminate toxins from the body, giving a natural glow to the skin.
5. Proper nutrition and hygiene are crucial for treating dry skin. If your skin tightens after bathing with soap, you should switch over to mild soaps and cleansers. Make sure to use a moisturizer on dry patches. It’s good to use a heavier moisturizer at night when the skin is at rest and can preserve more moisture.
What do you Use to Relieve Dry Skin?
Dealing With Aging Dry Skin
Aging dry skin is caused by a number of factors. Some of the most common causes include climate, bad diet and even old age.
When an individual begins to age, their body no longer produces the oils and fluids that the skin needs, which creates a need for nutrients such as vitamins.
Rashes and skin breakdown will occur, as its texture undergoes a change. Dry skin leads to its premature aging and causes wrinkles to appear at an early age.
The best ways to take care of this skin type is by following a diet rich in omega 3 oils and using skin care ingredients that keep the skin hydrated all day.
Best Vitamins for Skin Hydration
Vitamin A - To help you get healthy skin that glows and is radiant consume food rich in vitamin A. If you have a lack of Vitamin A in your body, most probably your skin will be dry. This can be corrected by eating fish, citrus juice and green leafy vegetables.
For aged skin and wrinkles use products containing retinol which is a derivative of vitamin A.
Vitamin B - Vitamin B boosts cell growth. New cells are important to fix and protect damaged and dry skin.
Vitamin C - Also known by the name of ascorbic acid vitamin C can help with collagen production and skin rejuvenation.
D Vitamin - With this powerful vitamin you will improve both appearance and color. Just be careful because too much can damage your skin. This vitamin is found in the diary you consume along with cereals and sunlight.
Vitamin E - If your face is dry vitamin E is a must. This antioxidant vitamin proves to be effective in the prevention of skin damage.
Using creams rich in Vitamin E for the face can produce a healthy and radiant skin. Regular massage with olive oil and almond oil, which are both rich in Vitamin E, is beneficial.
There are other minerals and vitamins as well that are beneficial. Along with them you will also need potassium that is present in bananas and potatoes as well as sodium that can come from fish in saltwater and olives.
You will need to understand the foods that will help improve dry skin first, and then you will need to adjust your eating to help improve it. By consuming the right foods, you will end up with better skin.
Food to Reduce Dry Aging Skin
Incorporate as many of these foods as you can to your daily diet to prevent or diminish aging dry skin.
a) Start eating lots of green leaf vegetables, grains, fruits and add raw food to your diet.
b) You will also need to ensure that you add eggs, garlic and onions as they are important to keep your skin looking young and fresh.
c) Be sure that you increase your consumption of beta carotene rich food like oranges and yellow vegetables.
d) At a minimum you should be drinking four glasses of water to prevent skin dehydration.
e) Refrain from eating foods that need to be fried. Frying results to the formation of free radicals, harming the skin.
f) Be sure that you add alpha linolenic acid, omega 3 Flax seed oil, and also omega-6. The Linolenic acid helps to transform dry skin, leaving it supple and moist.
g) Other things you need to avoid for a smooth complexion are sugar, soft drinks along with junk food.
h) Don't abuse alcohol and other substances containing caffeine. These are proven to cause diuretic effect, leading to the body's loss of fluids and substantive minerals resulting in excessively dry skin.
If you are suffering from dry skin on the face or anywhere in your body don't despair. Try few of the solutions found here and observe how your skin reacts. Remember to keep it simple, be gentle to the skin and use only skin care products specially designed for your skin type. Following a proper skin care routine every day will help you manage your problem better.
© 2015 lovethisstuff