How to Use Food Dye or Food Coloring to Temporarily Dye Hair
Using food coloring
Food coloring is a fun, fast and inexpensive way to temporarily color your hair. This dye will not last long maybe a couple of days or until you wash it out. The best part about using food coloring is you can create the perfect shade and if you don't like the color you can wash it out. You can color streaks, one color, many colors the rainbow and all over color its up to you. Follow these instructions to learn how to color your hair with food coloring like a pro.
What you will need
- A small bowl
- One cup of conditoner
- A paint brush
- Food coloring (what ever color you want your hair to be)
- Hair clips
Your hair should be dry when you put the dye in your hair. Make sure you are wearing something you don't mind getting food coloring on this can get a little messy. If your hair is blonde or a light color the dye will show up more brightly so your hair color will show up the same as the dye you make. If you have medium colored hair then you will want the dye you make to be a couple shades darker than the desired color of hair you want. If you have very dark hair this method will only tint your hair. If you want the color to show up more brightly then try lightening your hair before coloring. Make sure that all surfaces in the area you are applying the dye are easy to clean and don't easily stain.
What to do
- Put the conditioner into the bowl.
- Slowly add drops of the dye until you think you have the right shade.
- Mix the food coloring into the conditioner.
- Check to make sure that it is the right shade.
- Take the section of hair you want colored and paint the mixture into your hair.
- Your hair should be dry before application.
- Paint the hair that you colored out of the way.
- Let the mixture dry in your hair.
- Leave it in for as long as possible without washing.
- Before you wash your hair rinse it with vinegar to seal in the color and let it dry again.
- When washing try to wash with just water instead of using shampoo to prevent fading.
Some more of my work
- How to naturally dye your hair red at home
How to dye your hair red naturally at home. These methods are natural so they will not cause much damage to your hair if any at all. They are inexpensive too so you try them even if you are on a budget.
- How to color your hair purple without using chemical...
How to color your hair purple without harsh chemical dyes. These are semi permanent techniques. If you want to try something fun and different then why not try purple? Purple can look anything from cute to regal.
- How to dye your hair pink without chemical dyes
How to dye your hair pink without using harsh chemicals. Fun and easy ways to color hair. You don't have to spend much and these techniques are better for you and the environment.
Some related pages
- How to Remove Hair Dye with Baking Soda, Vitamin C a...
There are many natural home remedies for removing unwanted hair dye. This article will explain three solutions for how to remove hair dye with baking soda, Vitamin C and vinegar. All of these alternatives are much more natural and easier on your scal
- Find a Safe Hair Dye or Safe Hair Color if You Value...
After you read this you may decide to stop coloring your hair. Find out the truth about hair dye.
- How to dye your hair with Splat Hair Dye
Are you a bit on the wild side? Does your natural brown hair make you frown? Looking for something brighter and eyecatching? Alternative hair coloring may be just the thing to turn that frown upside down! SPLAT Hair Dye comes with a powder...