- Fashion and Beauty»
- Hairstyles, Cool Cuts, How to Style Your Hair»
How To Do The Bump Hairstyle
About the Bump
Big hair has been in style many times throughout the years. In the 1800s the style was the bigger the better. Extra volume was in style in the 50s and 80s too. The bump was a pretty popular hairstyle choice during these periods of time. Even today the bump is still a favorite. This hairstyle has many names like the poof and the quiff. It can be worn to dress up a simple style or in a ponytail and even worn with an elegant up do for special occasions.
How to do the Basic Bump
The bump is so fun because it can give any look some extra style. This is how to do the basic bump.
What you will need
- Comb or brush
- At least two bobby pins
- Hair spray (optional this helps the bump stay in place)
What to do next
- Grab the front section of your hair
- Comb the hair back
- Gather your hair together
- Grab the back and push forward (The further forward you push the hair the bigger the bump)
- Then secure the bump by putting two bobby pins in at the end in an x shape
- Use hair spray to help hold the bump in place
This Video is Really Helpful
How to Bump the Back of Your Hair
You can also wear this style towards the back of your head instead of right up front. I love pairing this look with a pony tail. Styling your hair this way takes a different approach than the basic bump.
What you will need
- A comb
- Hair spray
What to do next
- Take the hair at the very back of the top of your head and lift up
- Use the comb to tease underneath this area
- The more you tease the hair the higher the bump
- Comb the top to make it look neat
- Use hairspray to hold in place
You can use bobby pins to hold this in place if the hairspray is not enough. This is a great way to give your hair lots of volume.
Using a Bump it
So there is a product out there to make this hairstyle much easier. It is called a bump it. This product can be found in grocery stores online and even at the dollar store sometimes. You just place the bump it on the crown of your head and pull your hair over the top of it. After you get your hair positioned over this piece you just secure it with some pins. I really like this hair accessory and it is easy to use. If you have a difficult time getting your hair to bump without a lot of teasing then this product is a great tool. This is a fast way to get the perfect bump but you can easily get the same look with out it. Overall it is a great time saver but it is less expensive to just to take a little extra time to tease your hair.
A Few More Fun Variations
So once you have mastered how to do the bump you are ready to try some different hairstyles to pair it with. You can also try adding fun hair clips, bows, and head bands to dress it up a bit. Bellow I have put together a few different looks that you can try.
- Pony tail
- Elegant bun
- Pig tails
- Side braids
- Fish tale braids
- How to do finger waves a fun curly hair style
How to do the finger wave. Finger waves are a fun curly hair style from the twenties and thirties. Learn how to do the finger wave. This elegant look is timeless and can be worn just about anywhere for anything.
- How to do the pin curls hair style
How to do pin curls. They are a great way to get beautiful curls with out causing as much damage to your hair. All you need is a comb wet hair and some bobby pins. This a fun way to style your hair.
- How to lighten your hair naturally at home
Tips to naturally lighten your hair at home. These tips use natural ingredients, are inexpensive and will not cause much damage to your hair. These methods are fast and easy to use.
Some Related Pages
- Fun Hair Colors: Celebrities with Purple Hair Color
Some of the most fun hair colors we see are the ones celebs wear out when they dye their hair a funky color. So let's check out some great photos of celebrities with purple hair color: Katy Perry, Kelly Osbourne, Joss Stone, Jordin Sparks, and Lady G
- Crazy Hair Styles -In Style Getting Gorgeous
Generally, hair styles can broadly be divided into two as Men hairstyle and Women hair style.For man having thin hairs the best style is to get a short hair cut because long hairs would look more thin and brittle.In short hairstyle also there are two
- Short Hair Styles for Dressing Up: 5 Simple Styles That Anyone Can Do
Some of the many ways that you can sport your short 'do with style, versatility, and variety.