How to do The Pin curls Hair Style
About Pin Curls
Pin curling was started in the 1920s. It became a very popular hair style over the next few decades. Curly hair was a very popular look for woman throughout the twenties and thirties. This was not the easiest hair style to obtain because there were no curling irons or other types of heat styling yet. Pinning curling was one way they used to get awesome beautiful curls. Pin curls are little spiral ringlets of curls. They would twist some hair around their finger and then pin it to their scalp with a bobby pin. Often to make the curl stay they would pin an x through them. Pin curling is not quite as popular as it used to be but it is a great way to get beautiful curls with out causing damage to your hair.
How to do Pin Curls to Get Tight Ringlets
Tight ringlets are easy to achieve with this method. This is a pretty simple styling technique but it does take some time.
What you will be needing
- Bobby pins twice as many as the number of desired curls
- A comb
- Spray bottle of water
What to do next
- Dampen your hair
- Separate your hair into sections
- Start in one section by taking small strands of hair and curling them around your finger
- Once around your finger tightly slide the curl off your finger and pin to your scalp with a pin or two (the tighter you wrap the curl the tighter your ringlet will be)
- Pinning the curl with and x shape makes the curls stay in place better
- Work your way around to each section pinning and curling
- Once all the curls are pinned you can leave them in until they dry
- Leaving the curls in overnight is a good way to let them set
- Once dry remove the pins
Using hair spray will help the curls keep their shape better. This is a great evening look and also fun to do for children. Little girls look so cute with curly cues.
How to do Pin Curls for Big Loose Curls
This is a lot like pin curling for tight curls in fact it is almost exactly the same process. There are only a few small differences. Pin curls are a good way to get big beautiful curls without using a curling iron.
What you will need
- Bobby pins ( twice as many as the number of desired curls)
- Spray bottle full of water
What to do next
- Comb through hair to get out all tangles
- Dampen your hair with the water
- Part your hair into sections
- Take large pieces of hair and swirl into a circle
- Pin the circle in an x shape using two pins
- Repeat this all over
- Once finished let your hair dry out
- Once dry unpin curls
In case you are still having a hard time here is a helpful video
Some more of my work
- How to naturally dye your hair red at home
How to dye your hair red naturally at home. These methods are natural so they will not cause much damage to your hair if any at all. They are inexpensive too so you try them even if you are on a budget.
- How to Darken your hair color naturally at home
How to darken your hair color with natural products at home. Use ingredients like cocoa and sage.
- How to lighten your hair naturally at home
Tips to naturally lighten your hair at home. These tips use natural ingredients, are inexpensive and will not cause much damage to your hair. These methods are fast and easy to use.
Some related pages
- How to curl hair with a straightener
Curl your hair using flat iron . All you need to do is ,take a flat iron, that means hair straightener . To curl your hair it is not essential to buy salon materials for curling your hair, straightener is enough, that you used to straight your...
- How to do Sock Bun Curls
How to Curl your hair without heat and over night with a sock! Sock bun curls guide and information with pictures
- Hair Curling Tips and Techniques- Tricks You Wish Yo...
Battling your hair? Check out these hair curling tips that will have you looking fantastic in no time.
- Curling Hair With GHD Straighteners
Curling hair with GHD straighteners might seem like it doesn't make sense - but the truth is that straighteners are a great tool that can make your hair poker straight or full of beautiful curls! If you've heard of this hair style then you might...
- How to Curl Hair With a Wand
Curling wands cause less damage to hair and create longer-lasting curls. Learn how to use a curling wand to create the perfect curls for every occasion!
- Curling Hair with a Flat Iron- It's Easy!
Curling hair with a flat iron is easier than you think. Check out this video tutorial with simple directions and you'll have beautiful locks in no time!