- Fashion and Beauty»
- Women's Fashion & Clothing Styles
How to fix ripped jeans
To start out
If you buy jeans that are not ripped normally and as time goes by they get ripped accidentally or you rip them making holes on your own jeans and you want to fix them so they can look appropriate thats also if you are not the type of person that is into ripped jeans at all because they are not your type then I will give you some solutions that you can otherwise try on your own. Fixing jeans is not that hard it just requires easy sewing that can be done by hand or with a sewing machine it is also a fun process because you get to pick a thread that has a different color than the original one from your jeans making them look cool and stylish!
More ripped Jeans
How to do it step by step!
1) Flip the jeans over so you can locate the section that is ripped since that is where you are going to do your work and flatten the space flat without any bulges so you can work easily also make sure the ripped space is at the top.
2) Second step is to cut a piece of fabric one that is cotton make sure that it is a big piece in case if the hole is huge if it's small then cut a smaller piece so it can fit and cover the hole.
3) Third, you apply the cotton fabric on top of the ripped hole from the jeans to do this right pay close attention to how you insert the fabric peace into the denim layer.
4) If you are going to do this using a sewing machine its best to turn the jeans right side out and put the jeans into place with the sewing machine so that way the machine gets to sew and stich the space that is ripped and close it carefully. Another thing make sure you have only one layer of the jeans instead of both of them also put the sewing machine to a zigzag way so the machine can sew back and forth on the stich work.
5) Put the rip of the edges of the fabric straight up against each other and make a zigzag stich along the whole affected ripped area. Finally use the stiched from the back to function as well as stich backwords in the entire ripped area. The forward one has to be stiched one more time to finish lastly.
6) To accomplish this fixing work you have to turn the jeans inside and out, take off the sewing pins your jeans might have take out any excess cotton fabric. That leaves you with approximately half an inch of cotton fabric all around the edges that are fixed now turn the jeans right side out to end the work and whola you are finished. Now your jeans are as good as new again.
If you dont mind having ripped jeans and you really like how they look then you dont have to follow these steps in order to fix the jeans.