How to get rid of dark circles and puffy eyes with home remedies
Everything About Dark Circles and Puffy Eyes
Dark circles is definitely an embarrassment for those who cares for their look. Most of us believe and blame the reason for dark circles is tiredness, lack of sleep, starring for hours on computer screen and many other things. Definitely, all these reasons are true and certainly it disturbs a lot for the one who cares about the looks. However, dark circles have been linked to more serious diseases like anemia, dehydration, liver problems. Actually, dark circles are attributed to many other reasons. We have tiny blood cells under the skin which is like a web and these capillaries are so tensed that the red blood cells wait for their turn to pass through. Waiting for their turn some of them gets leaked and during the clean up session, these red blood cells gets broken up in blue and black. And due to the thin layer of skin under the eyes, these broken cells are visible giving a view of dark circles.
However, Some of the prominent reasons for those bad dark circles under our eyes are:
- Aging: As we grow older, the skin under the eyes gets more thinner and so, the broken cells gets more visible.
- Nutritional Deficiency: Nutritional deficiency is also one of the main reason of dark circles.
- Genetics: Studies have confirmed the role of genetics in dark circles.
- Smoking & Drinking: Smoking and drinking cause the loss of water from the body, the overdose of caffeinated drink also causes dark circles.
- Sun Exposure: Sunlight causes pigmentation of skin cells and cause dark circles.
- Hormonal Changes: During hormonal changes at puberty also causes the dark circles.
- Allergies: Allergies which enhances the eyes to itch and causes scrubbing and rubbing the eyes enhances the chances of dark circles and puffy eyes.
- Inadequate or less hours of good sleep is also responsible for dark circles and puffy eyes.
All the above reasons for dark circles can be looked after with proper care and treatment . These dark circles can be avoided following some instructions at the comfort of your home.
A Guide To Treat Dark Circles and Puffy Eyes
Dark circles or dark rings around the eyes looks very bad when you are getting ready for a party and why it is an embarrassment for an outgoing only. I mean, it really looks bad in your normal life also. Don't worry friends, now you can get rid of those dark circles just in 15- 20 minutes of home therapies if practiced daily. Here, are some self practiced home remedies to clear off those dark circles.
- Use of cold tea compress: Cold tea compress if used with rosemary tea bags increases the circulation of blood under your eyes. Soak the tea bags in cold water and squeeze it out. Then put the tea bags for about 15-20 minutes on your eyes, it will help in getting rid of dark circles.The tannin available in the tea bags helps in discoloration of eyes and also controls the puffiness.
- Cucumber: Cucumber is also very effective in removing the dark circles under the eyes. It has got skin lightening properties and a very good astringent. It is very easy to use. Just slice the cucumber in small round circles and cool it for about 15 minutes. Then put it over the eyes for 15-20 minutes. It will help in getting rid of dark circles and puffy eyes, if used daily for the required duration. If you want best results with cucumber then mix a piece of lemon juice and apply it with cucumber with a cotton. then leave it for 15 minutes. Then wash it with plain water. The puffiness and the dark circles will go out in a couple of weeks.
- Almond Oil: Apply almond oil or massage a little over the affected area. Leave it overnight and wash it with cold water next morning. Do it for couple of weeks, it helps in circulation of blood under the eyes and hence, remove the dark circles under the eyes.
- Raw Potato; I think this remedy, everyone knows. Nothing much to say, just cut slices and put it over your eyes for 20 minutes. Ensure that the juice of potato covers your eyelids also. Potato is natural bleaching agent so, it recovers the original color of skin.
- Tomato: Tomato is also one of the natural astringents and a great help in removing the dark circles and puffiness of the eyes. Mix the juice of a tomato and piece of lemon. Apply it over the dark circles area and leave it for 15 minutes, then wash it properly with plain water. It will help you certainly in getting rid of dark circles. For better results, drink a glass of juice of tomato, mint leaves, and lemon all in one glass.
- Rose Water: Rose water has great properties of nourishing and helps in lightening of dark shadows under the eyes, if applied twice a day for a couple of week. It is very simple, just soak a cotton ball in rose water and apply it over the eyelids and skin under the eyes. Leave it for about 15 minutes and wash it with plain water. See the results after 2 weeks.
- Cold Water: Cold water helps in reducing the dark circles and the puffiness under the eyes. Just soak a piece of cotton cloth with cold water and apply it over the eyes for 15 minutes. It gives a soothing effect and rejuvenate the energy of eyes.
- Apple: An apple a day keeps the doctor away. We have heard this many times and its true. Apple is very good for the overall health. The tannic acid present in the apple allows the skin under the eyes to recover the original color and reduce the puffiness also. Just put the pieces of sliced apple under the eyes for half an hour and then wash it with cold water to get clearer under eyes.
- Mint Leaves: Mint leaves have natural property of rejuvenating the skin. The juice of mint leaves if applied daily for about 15 minutes can give you surprising results. Just apply the juice of the mint leaves for about 15 minutes twice daily for couple of weeks and see the positive results for you. Wash the eyes with cold water after done with the mint leaves juice.
- Lemon juice: The presence of vitamin C in lemon juice makes it an extremely good skin-lightening product. Take a small cotton ball and soak it with lemon juice. Now, apply it under your eyes to lighten the darkness under the eyes. You can do it as many days you want and it is extremely beneficial. It lightens the skin colour as well as takes out the impurities from the skin.
All these home made methods are self practiced and will certainly help you out in reducing the dark circles and puffiness. With all these, you are advised for the following to get rid of dark circles. The under mentioned suggestions are for everyone of us, as it is always good to prevent yourself from the onset of fever on you, than curing it. Just follow this guide to make your face full with all the energy and freshness.
- Sleep tight for 7-8 hours daily at one go. This will help you rejuvenating the skin of your eyes.
- Take a break from starring at computer for long hours. Switch your eyes from the computer screen to some other soothing view to relax the eyes muscle.
- Eat healthy food to keep you fit, diseases also bring dark circles around the eyes. Practice yoga that gives strength and glow to your eyes.
- Eat lots of fruits, fruits helps in nourishing your skin. All the bleaching facial creams, face wash contains considerable amount of fruit nutrition, so it is better to feed yourself on those nutritious particles, than to spend money for applying it on the face.