How to get rid of stretch marks fast?
What Causes Stretch Marks?
There is no straight answer to this question and experts have been controversial over the mechanism due to which striae occur.
- The available answer mentions that there is a damage to the elastic fibers of dermis (deeper layer of our skin) along with inflammation that results in formation of these scars.
- Can occur due to excessive physical stretching of our skin.
- Rapid & excessive increase in body weight or use of the topical or the systemic glucorticoid drugs could lead to stretch marks as well.
- Over production of glucocorticoids through the adrenal gland also referred to as cushing's disease, puberty, and pregnancy are among the other possible scenarios when stretch marks develop.
Home Remedies in Brief
- Use of Castor Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Cocoa Butter
- Potato Juice
- Aloe Vera
- Daily Moisturization
Stretch marks or ‘Striae’ are the scars formed on the skin due to the tear caused in the dermis layer of the skin, having a colour tone with less saturation than the body colour itself. Such scars may reduce in course of time but it is rather difficult to ‘tear off’ the skin completely.
Home Remedies for Stretch Marks
- Use of Castor Oil- Castor oil not only helps to cure stretch marks but also cures various skin ailments such as pimples, wrinkles, black heads, etc. It is indeed one of the best ways to remove the ugly marks from your body. The process involves in applying the oil in the affected portion of the body and giving a thorough massage for around 20 minutes in different motions. The magic of massage lies in the smoothness and softness with which it is done. The massaged part should later be covered by a cloth and further provided with an external heat on the cloth. Such a procedure, if repeated every day for 30 minutes, can bring a drastic change in the affected skin.
- Sugar- As its characteristics suggests, it is one of the sweetest way to cure stretch marks. Sugar tends to bring back the skin you lost before the arrival of marks. A mixture of sugar, oil (almond), and 5ml lemon juice when applied to the area or a regular basis for 15 minutes. It can be applied on other areas of the skin as well as it brings nourishment and vitality to the skin. Continuing this process for 3 weeks itself will bring the difference on the marks.
- Lemon Juice- As mentioned earlier about the use of lemon juice with sugar, its sole existence and its acidic nature acts as a fighter on the dense stretch marks on body. A raw lemon can be rubbed directly on the affected area to decrease the lines or it can be mixed with an equal quantity of cucumber juice which is then applied regularly for the cure.
- Egg- Egg yolk and white both are one of the most beneficial ingredients and solutions for almost many health problems and ailments. Egg whites in this case can work miracles. Though it has a foul smell, but it actually revitalizes the skin making it new and refreshing. The whites can be applied to the marks of the body once to thrice each day and the miraculous effect of the white will be observed as days pass by.
- Cocoa Butter- Cocoa Butter is effective in its way to moisturize the body and works as a cure to reduce stretch marks on the body. Rubbing the butter to the prone area makes the skin flexible which prevents the skin from getting stretch marks. After bath and just before going to bed, the butter works very effective if applied on the marks.
- Potato Juice- A very easy means of treating stretch marks is the usage of Potato. Potato is a very commonly found vegetable in every house. It helps in rejuvenating cells of the body due to the minerals and vitamins present in it. To make it work effectively, the potato is cut into two and is rubbed on the marks making it moist. Once it gets dried, it is washed away with dense water. Such a process, if repeated effectively clears the stretch marks within a month.
- Aloe Vera- Aloe Vera is one such leaf which tends to cure various health ailments and skin problems of various kinds. The characteristics helps to reduce the stretch marks and increase the growth of cells within few days. The leaf is cut and the moist aloe vera is applied on the area. Just as Potato juice, once it gets dried, it is washed with dense water.
- Daily Moisturization- In order to stop the more growth of stretch marks in the particular area of the body, moisturising it daily after bath is the best solution to make the skin flexible. Moisturising the body daily makes the skin accustomed to the changes in the body fat or growth. The flexibility makes it strong enough to adapt itself and does not let the dermis layer of the skin elongate or stretch to give stretch marks on the body.
Do you think Stretchmarks can be cured?
Laser Treatment- Technology with its vastness has its own way of treatment though it involves a large amount of money than the natural and economical ways of treating at home. The laser therapy to remove stretch marks has its own way of treating and removing marks completely through different types of laser. It helps to grow the cells in the particular area as well whereas it also treats the difference in colour caused due to the stretch marks.