How to hide your nipples? Buying guide for Silicone Nipple Covers, Bra Discs and Nippies Skin
Are you forced to wear heavily padded bras because of prominent erect nipples in cold weather? Do you avoid wearing tight t-shirts because of protruding nipples? Want to go braless but don't know how to hide your nipples?
Despite being a daily issue faced by girls and women of all ages, it is not the most talked about.
This practical post is a review and buying guide for Floral Silicone Nipple Covers, Bra Discs Nipple Covers and Nippies Skin. All product links are from trusted online retailer Amazon.com and its partners.
Bra Discs Nipple Covers Style by Bra Discs
Bra Discs are non-adhesive and non-latex nipple covers which can easily be worn with almost all bras. The Bra Discs are reusable and totally waterproof.
These nipple covers will hide protruding and prominent nipples, great for a girl or woman who does not want to wear a padded bra out of compulsion. Unlike other products featured in this post, the Bra Discs cannot be used without wearing a bra. They will stay in place between the fabric of your bra and the skin of your nipple and breast.
Bra Discs are available in Blush and Mocha color. The Blush color is an apt choice if you have a light skin tone and you are fond of wearing bras with cups made from sheer fabric. The Mocha is apt if you have a slightly darker skin tone.
Nippies Skin by Bristols 6
Nippies Skin is yet another silicone based nipple cover which is hypoallergenic and reusable. These pasties are available in two semi-transparent shades – light and dark to suit different types of skin tones. Nippies Skin's texture tapers off around the edges so that it can blend in seamlessly with the breast skin.
Interestingly Bristol 6 has on offer two types of Nippies Skin pasties. One is the self adhesive version which can be worn without wearing a bra as it sticks to the skin. It is reusable, waterproof and washable.
The second is a non-adhesive version which uses body heat to stick to the curve and contour of your breasts. These pasties should be worn inside a bra or a tight fitting tank top or camisole. Bristol 6 recommends that women with larger breasts should opt for the non-adhesive version while the self adhesive version is great for small breasted women.
Silicone Nipple Covers - Floral Shaped by Vazazo
Silicone Nipple Covers are similar to nipple covers commonly known as pasties and nipple petals. This self adhesive product is made from silicone and is hypoallergenic. Washing them is as easy as using soap and running water. Once dry, the adhesive regenerates itself for reuse.
Made specially to be used to cover nipples, the silicone texture is thick in the middle and tapers off at the edges to almost blend into the skin of the breast. They are available in nude color, allowing them to blend in with your skin tone.
The floral shape gives this nipple covers a girly touch. At currently discounted prices on Amazon.com, Silicone Nipple Covers is the cheapest solution to hiding prominent nipples.
Buying guide and practical tips for the everyday woman: Things that a product catalogue won't tell you
- While the Silicone Nipple Covers and Nippies Skin do a good job of covering the nipples, you should remember that they may not be a 100% cure for prominent nipples. If you chose to go braless and wear a sheer fabric top, the nipple covers may be visible. In such situations, Nippies Skin presents itself as a better option because of its rounded edges. Floral edges may draw more attention to your cleavage.
- Floral shaped Silicone Nipple Covers by Vazazo come in one color – nude. This may be a put off for women with a darker skin tone. A sheer fabric top combined with braless look may draw unwanted attention to the bust due to color contrast under light. Girls and women with darker skin tones may prefer Nippies Skin as they are available in light and dark shades to suit both types of skin tones.
- Women with larger than average nipples may find that the nipple covers and pasties tend to look puffy when the nipples become erect because of cold or any other reason. If you think that your nipples are bigger or longer than average, Bra Discs could be the better option for you.
- If you are looking for a 100% fix to standing nipples, Bra Discs seem to be fit for the job regardless of the size of your breasts. They can be worn with most types of bras. Bra Discs will hide protruding nipples even if you chose to wear bras with a light fabric and those that are not padded. The only apparent downside is that they cannot be worn without a bra.
- If you don't see yourself wearing any type of nipple covers all day long, you could simply buy a pair and tuck them in your purse. If chilly weather is about to cause a faux pas, you can easily excuse yourself, find a restroom and wear them to hide your nipples. Having nipple covers handy could be saving grace in crucial moments, making them a great fashion accessory to have in the purse.
- The verdict: Bra Discs promise to be safe bet for most situations when you chose to wear a bra. If you plan on wearing a trendy and uber fashionable outfit which looks better braless, Nippies Skin or Silicone Nipple Covers will cover and subdue prominent nipples.